Age Spot /Solar Spot/ Lentigo on Face Treated with Cryotherapy - Chelsea, MI

I've always disliked this discoloration on my...

I've always disliked this discoloration on my cheek area of my face. At a recent dermatologist visit for an annual body check he told me he could remove it. So my initial photo is in the office, the four photos following were takenright after the cryotherapy was done. It stung but wasn't unbearable. Because it was near my eye it has swollen up quite a bit. My understanding is to keep it gooped up and it will take 5 to 10 days to heal. I was told it could end up a bit lighter then the surrounding skin but I'm hopefully that would be less noticeable then the original dark spot.

24 hr & 48 hr updates

Near 24 hours I realized the spot was bulging with liquid so I sterilized a needle and let the clear liquid out and gooped it up some more. Within a few hours it was seeping onto my cheek so I did the needle again to release the "water". The needle was able to lift the edge of the blister and it tore the bottom half of the darkened solar spot off without pain. I didn't try to remove more although I could've.

After 48 hours the spot was no longer leaking or blistered up so I kept it gooped up during the day. In the evening I tried to wash it gently and it tore more of the dark spot off. I gooped it up and left it at that. I've been expecting a scab but maybe because I've kept it goopy it can't. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Found an answer to my question- LEAVE THE BLISTER INTACT

I wasn't sure if it was ok to remove the top of the blister since it was so delicate and easy to remove. I guess I should've been a bit more careful to let it remain. I found some info stating it's best to leave the top of the blister intact while the underneath heals for a better cosmetic result.

5 days and done :)

By the eve of the 4th night the spot had dried out pretty well even though I was still trying to keep it gooped up. In the morn (day 5) a piece of the dark spot had pulled up and I could see it was like a very thin scab. I took my shower and washed my face carefully and the rest of it came off to leave pink skin. I took some photos of all of this and another once I put a bit of makeup on. It shows through a little but nowhere near like it did with the original solar age spot. I am pretty excited that eventually the pink will fade away and it will look so much better!

one month out--photos