Sagging Jowls - Cheadle, United Kingdom

I had a jowl lift at the Alexandra Hospital in...

I had a jowl lift at the Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle UK in December 2015. The surgeon was Gary Ross. Both he and his secretary were very efficient, professional and caring. There was no third party involved trying to "add value", I simply made the appointment with the surgeon and we discussed the options available to me. After careful consideration I decided to proceed with the surgery. I was in hospital overnight. Nursing staff were very good. Next day one side of my face looked fine, the other was very swollen. I went home armed with medication. To be honest I underestimated the recovery time and as I am sensitive to strong antibiotics and strong painkillers I had an unpleasant 2 weeks. As Christmas was looming obviously I couldn't hide from family but other than my husband and daughter I didn't tell anyone. I had had my hair cut and coloured immediately prior to the surgery and I just bought heavy duty makeup to hide the bruising (go to Illamasqua they sell amazing foundations). I am now 7 months on. I still haven't told any of my friends. They just keep saying how good I look. When I went to my GP the nurse double checked my date of birth as she didn't believe I was 50. so the question: was it worth it? For me YES. I feel better when I look in the mirror. It doesn't make you any younger but it makes you feel happier in your own skin. I would recommend the hospital and the surgeon. My only words of advice would be to allow yourself enough recovery time, don't underestimate the discomfort and take into consideration the scars behind your ears. Mine healed well but I'm not confident to wear my hair up without a few strands hanging behind my ears to distract the eye. If you are considering plastic surgery of any kind make sure you are doing it for you and not to follow peer pressure. My husband really didn't want me to undergo any type of procedure but he understood that I wasn't happy with what I saw in the mirror. I am now.
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Very professional, measured and understanding.