Waited Decades for Rhinoplasty - Chatswood, AU

I'm a 37 year old mother of two who has always...

I'm a 37 year old mother of two who has always been super conscious of my nose. At first, I tried to convince myself that I would grow to like it, that I shouldn't change the way I look because that is what I was born with and I kind of felt like I would be changing who I was if I had cosmetic surgery. That was in my teenage years. Over the years, I didn't grow to like it and hated seeing photos of myself. About five years ago I decided that I would undergo rhinoplasty. I had kids and was busy working so there was never a right time, but early this year, I left my job and decided that it was now or never.

I started looking around for a good surgeon. I went to see one who was highly regarded, but just didn't feel comfortable. He was nice but just felt distant and a little arrogant. The second surgeon I went to see was Dr Shahidi. From the moment I walked into the office, the staff were incredibly warm and welcoming. Then I saw Dr Shahidi and he was also the same. Very caring but honest and upfront about what could be done with the size and shape of my nose. I appreciated that he was honest from the start and I knew what to expect. He did the imaging right there but I wasn't 100% happy with the look. I didn't realise this until I had left his office. I called the office and expressed this and his staff member told me to send in pictures of the type of nose I wanted, and to play around on the app and send it through to her. She would pass it on to him. This back and forth happened a couple of times and every time, his staff member was more than happy to help me.

Once happy with the look, I booked in for surgery. Feeling both excited and scared, more scared than excited, I waited for the big day.

Day of surgery was upon me and my mum took me in. HSS at Bella Vista was great and I appreciated the opportunity to stay overnight. Dr Shahidi saw me before the operation to confirm what I wanted and I went in. The operation took about 2.5 hours and went very well. I came out not feeling much pain, but mostly discomfort as I was breathing through my mouth. Despite what most say, I didn't' have a sore throat. Dr Shahidi came to see me after the operation and said everything went well.

I am now writing a day after I went in to take the cast off. I can't express how happy I am with my decision to go ahead with rhinoplasty and Dr Shahidi. I will go in to see Dr Shahidi regularly for the next year as he wants to ensure that my nose heals well.
Sydney Facial Plastic Surgeon

My interactions with Dr Shahidi have been 5 star. I am so glad I chose him as my surgeon because not only was he kind and caring but also honest, upfront and so talented. He really did give the nose that I asked for. His staff are awesome too. So happy!