My Rhinoplasty Story - Chatswood, AU

Today marks the day I booked my rhino with Dr...

Today marks the day I booked my rhino with Dr Shahidi!! I had my consult yesterday and I think he's definitely the best to do my rhino as I have a "difficult" nose (breathing issues/thick skin-bulbous tip/large nose; the whole lot). I definitely need an experienced ENT/plastic surgeon to help me get the best results possible.

Surgery done!! + POD2

Surgery done!! Admission was at 1100 and I was in for surgery by 1230. I woke up in quite a bit of pain/pressure, the nurse got me panadeine forte which sorta helped. My cast is on and drip pad... I'm bleeding quite a bit which is annoying, and I keep dropping things which makes it worse trying to squat down and keep my head elevated lol. The lovely Dr Shahidi came in before my surgery and talked re his plans. I'm honestly so happy with my choice, I definitely think I chose the best ENT/PS in Sydney. I got to my friends apartment around 4pm (she lives 2 min drive from the hospital; it's so good!!). I had a major sneezing attack when I got back which was a nightmare, but since that I've been ok. My night was pretty uneventful I woke up a few times for pain meds/dry mouth (This dry mouth business is driving me nuts.)
POD 2- more swelling and a bit of bruising has come up around my eyes but it isn't too bad. I cleaned my drip pad/ put chlorsig on my sutures etc. I was only up for about 30 mins and it exhausted me so much!! Now back in bed with tea bags half on eyes lol Supposedly Dr Shahidi saw me post surgery...I have no memory of it!! I can't wait to see him on the 14th when I get my cast removed...I want to know how it went etc what I should expect!

So on Friday night I started getting really nauseous and projectile vomited everywhere. This was at 2am lol I said goodbye to taking the panadeine forte, been surviving on reg Panadol apart from this morning I just took 1 PF. Swelling is still bad in my cheeks/eyes but has come down, I hate this disfigured chipmunk look ???? Bruising has turned yellow under my eyes, nose is still tingly sometimes stings a bit; I'm keeping up to date with my nasal spray/chlorsig ointment a few times a day. Not sure why but none of my photos are uploading ?

Cast is off!!

My stomach was churning I was so nervous! Really quick and easy, Dr Shahidis amazing practice manager Raleigh took the cast off, removed the packing and sutures. Was pain free however it did feel weird! My poor friend turned white after the packing was removed lol. After she went through all the care for the next month re wearing cast and cleaning my nose out. All simple, she explained my nose is an egg and needs to be looked after proper (cannot crack it lol and of course no infection. I'll literally be wearing the little helmet-cast- all the time when I'm home). I had a mini anxiety attack when I looked at my nose. Granted it's a swollen mess but compared to my old nose it's so small and pointy and just a complete opposite to my original Leb nose!! Will I suit this look?! It doesn't feel real, it legit looks like someone just stuck a nose on me and sowed it up lol anyway patience now and to -slowly- watch the healing take place. My next app is on the 27th of October at 0915. Everyone at Dr Shahidis practice are so incredibly lovely, I'm really happy I went with him even my friend who chose mooney is second guessing her choice, I still have a few more weeks to try convince her to change!!

4 weeks PO????????

Cannot believe how fast this month has gone!
- it's not as swollen and that upturned look has gone, it's settling really nicely. Shout out to Dr Shahidi you are amazing ??.
- Im really really happy I got the alar reduction. Such a huge difference.
- I'm douching my nose about 3-4 times a day depending how busy I am and applying chlorsig to my scars.
-Since about POD9 I've been comfortably out and about (still swollen but don't care)
- I wear my cast every night
-I stopped having regular pain relief after the cast removal, just sometimes in the morning I'll have Panadol.
- It's very numb and weird to touch
- I think the worst thing about this recovery is not being able to fully breathe out of my nose yet (it does get better daily), especially at night I don't sleep too well
- I originally took 2 1/2 weeks off work but I went back at 2 weeks PO because I felt pretty good. Was a tough first week back at work I was so exhausted!
- I hit my nose once in the shower. I have no idea how I did it, the pain was awful
- you have good and bad days re nose swelling. I notice it depends how I sleep the night before that determines my swelling for the next day
- Another thing- NONE of my family or work friends have noticed my nose (biggest lol), only a few close friends who know have really noticed a big difference to my face, supposedly my eyes look larger/face is more softer looking
- I wish I got this done years ago.
Sydney Facial Plastic Surgeon

My consult yesterday with dr Shahidi and his team was extremely efficient and well organised. Dr Shahidi was very honest about the limitations of my nose due to my breathing issues and thick skin. I feel that Dr Shahidi is very genuine and is the right surgeon for me