Sydney Rhinoplasty

I had a small dorsal hump removed, tip refinement,...

I had a small dorsal hump removed, tip refinement, columella reduced, deviated septum corrected and reduction of both turbinates. Currently 3 weeks post op.

I have disliked the look of my nose for many years, and also experience issues with breathing. I decided to go with Dr Gerarchi as he is an ENT and Facial Specialist as opposed to a Plastics surgeon who does a little bit of everything. We decided to go with a straight bridge rather than a dipped or curves nose to keep it looking natural, and refine the tip as it was quite bulbous. It was my surgeons suggestion to lift my columella which I am very happy with now!

Post Op Photo Updates

4 month update

I am currently 18 weeks post op (4.5 months)

I have noticed the swelling has gone down considerably since the early post op stages, especially in the bridge of my nose where it has slimmed down quite a lot! I still see swelling in the tip but I am being patient with the whole process.

I found my nose has and still is producing a lot of oil. The only thing I did to combat this was to use oil blotting papers throughout the day (I'm sure you can purchase these at most beauty stores) as for blackheads/blockages etc. I used pore strips after 3 months which helped. But before that I just kind of got through it as I didn't want to do anything to lift/squeeze/or put any trauma on the skin.

The tip of my nose is still quite hard and has little sensation. I have no problem with this at all and was a side effect I was expecting anyway.

I have found my nose produces a bit more mucus/debris than usual. I started blowing my nose softly after about 2 months. I often do this in the shower so that it softens up any excess. I also had used a sinus rinse which was a little uncomfortable but bearable and refreshing!

My scarring is basically unnoticeable - which I have to thank my fantastic surgeon for! Everyone says they can't even tell, which is great result.

6 months Post Op

In a week it will be exactly six months since my surgery! I thought I would provide an update whilst I am "half way" there since my surgeon recommends 12 months before final results are achieved.

The swelling has gone down significantly in the bridge of the nose, which is showing a slight bump where my previous bump was removed. My doctor explained to me pre-op that this a callous that forms over broken bones and should go down over time. The bump is so tiny and only I really notice it, but once again I am remaining patient that it will go down over the next few months!

My tip is still swollen, hard and lacks a little sensation. I saw my surgeon last week and he is very happy with everything, and only stated the bone callous as a possible concern.

The oiliness in the skin has decreased dramatically, in the beginning I could literally wipe my nose and see the oil on my hand! I still have concerns with blackhead etc. but I just use pore strips to clear them.

My nose is still a little sensitive to touch. Definitely no pain but if someone touches it unexpectantly or my cat might hit it with his paw accidently, I can't help but flinch - but maybe I'm just protecting my new, pretty nose!! Haha

Definitely feels like it's all down hill from here! I've wanted a rhinoplasty since I was 14.. 8 years later I can't believe I'm now 6 months post op!! I hate looking back at old photos, and love looking at new ones. Definitely one of the best things I've ever done.

9 months Post Op