Complex Revision Rhinoplasty

I had a complex revision rhinoplasty requirement...

I had a complex revision rhinoplasty requirement from a very botched primary rhino in Perth by another doctor in 2009. I had a deviated septum and my nose was crooked from an accident but in my primary rhino, the previous surgeon went overboard and did things I never asked. He destroyed my beautiful Greek nose that I now wish I never touched. I searched high and low for someone in Australia to help me. The few surgeons I saw in Perth said my operation would be quite complex and were hesitant as I needed a complete tip reshape, heightened dorsal and harvest cartilage either from the ear or rib. I didn't search enough in Perth I have now realised. I looked to the eastern states but couldn't visit every surgeon so after reading the material on revision rhino at the face institute website, I chose to only visit Dr Gerarchi.

Taking time to talk to patients

I read so many reviews at this website about various plastic surgeons around australia who take time to listen to and answer post op their patients questions. I feel dr gerarchi is lacking this. Imagine paying 11,000 for revision Rhinoplasty and coming out with a nose larger than your birth Nose and not receive one retuned phone call even though you asked more than once to be contacted. I honestly feel it's all about money at the face institute and not about making people happy. Even if dr Gerarchi could explain to me why he gave me such a large nose it would help. I cannot recommend dr Gerarchi for revision rhinoplasty. You may end up with a very large masculine nose. Even as I look at men's noses, they are not as large as mine. I have no idea what de Gerarchi was thinking because he won't even tell me.

I've removed my main comments as I'm in touch with this clinic to resolve my issues. I'm happy with this outcome.

April 2015

Cartilage used from rib doesn't seem to have fused to my nose bone under the gortex. Not sure if that is normal. Have posted a question to the forum. Rib cartilage seems to be safer to use than ear. I know someone who had ear used and one side has collapsed. I'm not experiencing those problems.

Third operation.

I want a third operation. My nose is still too big. Swelling going down hasn't made much difference. Massive nose. Bigger than birth nose.

Appointment with third surgeon.

I'm seeing another surgeon next month in Sydney about a third operation. I've seen one in Perth. I probably will choose out of the two. I find the world of rhinoplasty gone wrong in Australia at this site for very fickle and unsupportive in regards to Australia patients. I had my time wasted twice by two females at this site who wanted to talk when it suited them and wanted support when they needed it but weren't very giving. One went onto see a Dr I plan to see and has given no updates despite the fact she's probably had surgery by now. Women can be very bitchy. Especially at this site. People close up in their shells.

Second revision rhino

I just spent a massive amount of money on a second revision rhino. This time I went to a Australian college of surgeons accredited fully qualified plastic surgeon. My nose is an immense improvement and I'm l happier. Couldn't convince the surgeon to do things more Greek but will asses in six months. I had to again fly to Sydney for this. Being from perth and not knowing a single person and having to pay for accommodation is very hard and I've had a very hard time. The amount of money spent was humungous.

All the gortex has been removed from my nose thank goodness. All existing cartilage was reused. The surgeon I want to was lovely and very good at what he does.

Still upset i had to have another rhino. It's been a traumatic experience having three nose surgeries. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone.
Sydney Facial Plastic Surgeon