I Had the Body of a 50 Year Old at Age 19 - Charlotte, NC

After a childhood of overeating and lack of...

After a childhood of overeating and lack of exercise, I found myself at a weight of 308 pounds in my freshman year of high school. At the time, this didn't really concern me much. Though after a visit with my doctor, I was told that I was about to be put on blood pressure medication and could potentially begin to develop a lot more impacting health issues because of my weight.

So I began eating better and walking, which gradually progressed into jogging, and now running. Four years later, I had lost about 130 pounds, though the excess skin was holding me back from really enjoying the body that I had been earning through self control and exercise. After two years, I finally decided enough was enough and began to look into a plastic surgeon to finally finish the body transformation that I had started. That's when my parents and I found Dr. Nyame and Charlotte Plastic Surgery.

Now, a little over two months since the surgery, I am back to working out and running multiple times a week and enjoying the life that I deserve after five years of working towards it. I have no doubt that without the help of Charlotte Plastic Surgery, I never truly would have had the opportunity to really live my life to it's fullest potential or have the confidence to go out on a beach or a pool without a shirt on.

For anyone on the fence, this was the best decision I have ever made and it was made even better by the awesome experience I had with Dr. Theodore Nyame and his team of skilled staff.
Charlotte Physician

Everyone from the front desk receptionist to Doctor Nyame himself was cordial, inviting, and truly cared about me and my procedure. From the very first meeting, Dr. Nyame took the time to get to know me, hear my story of weight loss and hard work, and actually took the time to get to know me instead of getting right into talking about the procedure itself. On the day of the surgery, things couldn't have gone smoother. There was definitely an air of professionalism and the affirmation that everyone in the room knew exactly what they were doing and that they were going to take care of me the entire time. Now that the surgery is over with, my family and I still get emails and calls asking how things are, and we actually have another follow up appointment scheduled the week of Thanksgiving just to make sure everything is going well and assess if any follow up work should be done just to touch up. For anyone considering Charlotte Plastic Surgery, I could not recommend these people enough. Dr. Nyame is kind, experienced, and a genuinely awesome guy that really helped change the entire course of the rest of my life in a way that I surely never could have on my own.