43 Years Old, No Children. Gastric Sleeve. Charlotte, NC

I am 43 years old with no children. I am 5'1" and...

I am 43 years old with no children. I am 5'1" and my highest weight was 218. My metabolism changed in 2005 from using Depo Provera. I gained 36 lbs in 6 months. I had no idea it was a steroid. I have fought a losing battle with weight every since. The only time I successfully lost weight was in 2009 when I was on a prescription appetite suppressant. I was eating 1400 calories and day and exercising for an hour a day, six days per week. My mom had the Gastric Sleeve done in 2011. All my life she was a size 24/26 and she is maintaining at 12/14. It took me almost 2 years of researching to decided on getting the Gastric Sleeve. I began the process (appointments for insurance approval) in August 17, 2015 and had my surgery on December 2, 2015. The procedure actually is around $3175 but you have to have an Endoscopy prior to so that was an additional $3851.31 (I had to pay about $1000 of that). My insurance was very good because it was very expensive. My deductible was $500 and my Maximum Out of Pocket was $1500 so I had met that by the time of my surgery and I didn't have to pay anything else.
Dr. Craig Kolasch

I have heard nothing but good reviews about Dr. Kolasch with the Novant Health System (I have all of my health care through them for convenience purposes). He answered all of my questions and made me very comfortable making the decision.