Turning 40 with Hereditary Dark Bags Under Eyes - Charlotte, NC

Dr. Pratt and his staff have done a wonderful job...

Dr. Pratt and his staff have done a wonderful job preparing me for the surgery. I've always had these circles, but age, fatigue and life have made them especially bothersome. Pictures speak louder than words, so here's my documented events!

I scheduled the procedure about 2 months ago. Dr. Pratt and his staff allowed me to go with a friend prior to my consultation, and I loved his approach to patients. If he felt like he could meet my expectations, he said so. However, he also would say "no" to a procedure if he felt like the risk outweighed the reward. I appreciate that! He is very easy to talk to, and his staff are wonderful!

Pictures from pre-op

Post-op Day 1

Day 2 (the day after the procedure)

I went in today to see Dr Pratt. I confessed to him that I had put a contact lense in one eye because I didn't want to wear glasses. DONT DO THAT! He explained that there is a very delicate connection between the muscle he fixed and the bone. Wearing contacts (putting them in, taking them out, having one get rolled up) is a huge risk. Get your glasses before the surgery and be prepared to wear them! I'm on my way to Vision Works today :).

4 days after surgery

It looks worse than it is. The red marks are just collected blood and the slight dropping is caused by the weight of the stitches. Those will improve. The skin is smooth

Still Imrooving

The lines you see under my eyes are the last remaining remnants of bruising ... The skin, there, is baby smooth. You can see the incision area and the puffiness where my lips were cut. It gets smaller every day. Still no makeup around the eyes and no contact lenses. I am going to ask about resuming exercise. Don't restart exercise until you talk to your surgeon!!!
Charlotte Physician