TLC Laser a Eye Center Charlotte - Charlotte, NC

So after wearing glasses since I was 7 or 8 years...

So after wearing glasses since I was 7 or 8 years old and contacts since I was 13 years old, I got tired of it. I was always having to count out contacts when traveling and then they would get dry, etc. I went for a consult in July 2016 where they took lots of pictures and measurements of my cornea and was a candidate. A few days later I made the decision to go ahead and get scheduled for surgery on August 25th with Dr. Hammonds. About a week before surgery I saw my regular eye doctor and he did a thorough dilated eye exam and cleared me for surgery. The day of surgery I get in the place and sign off on my forms and submit payment. After that I am taken into a room where they begin to explain everything and get you prepped. I am seen by Dr. Hammonds one more time to take a look at the health of my eyes and they look great. I am brought back into the first room and given Xanax and then a bunch of eye drops, which taste gross by the way. After that they wash your eye 2 good times and administer more eye drops. 2 people go in before me and finally it is my turn. I give my sister a hug and she is able to watch the whole thing from a big screen outside the room. After that I go in the room and lay down and I'm given a stuffed animal to squeeze in case I get a little scared. Then they verify my information and they begin. The first machine is the one I didn't like. It puts a lot of pressure on your eye for about 10-15 seconds per eye and then it's over. Your vision goes grey to almost black during this part. Do not panic! It's comes back! After that you are rotated to the laser where you find this green flashing light to look at and the doctor raises your flap, does the laser and smooths the flap back over. Repeat on other eye. Then they take off the eye patches they had on the other eye and you sit up and everything looks cloudy or foggy but you can see. They bring you into another room with a recliner and have you close your eyes for 10-15 minutes. Then you are brought into an exam room to make sure your flap looks secure and then more drops are administered and you put on sunglasses and go home. Eyes closed the whole way home until you take your drops when you get there. Then you take an ambien and go to sleep which helps because I haven't felt any discomfort what so ever. I wake up the morning after and begin my drops regime and I'm seeing excellent. A little cloudy but nothing crazy. I go in for post op and they check my eyes. I'm seeing 20/20 in the right and 20/15 in the left and 20/20+ overall. So happy!

1 Week Post Op

So I saw my regular eye doctor yesterday and I am seeing 20/15 in each eye and everything is healing nicely. Just finished my prescription drops last night and tonight will be the first night I won't have to wear my shields. The halos have gotten better and I barely notice them. All is well and I couldn't be happier!!
Dr. William Hammonds, MD

Dr. Hammonds is young, very professional and thorough. He is soft spoken and overall a nice guy! I felt very comfortable under his care!