59 Year Old, 5"1, 125 Lbs., 34 G/H - Charlotte, NC

I have my preop scheduled for Friday, July 8, and...

I have my preop scheduled for Friday, July 8, and surgery is scheduled for Thursday, July 21 (2 days before my birthday, so what an exciting birthday present for me.) I was originally insurance approved for the surgery 4 years ago but cancelled because: 1. daughter #1 was pregnant after having a miscarriage a few months earlier, 2. daughter #2 was getting married, 3. my surgeon of choice decided to move out of state, 4. I kept hearing horror stories about having insurance approval equals no voice in how much would be removed.
In May of this year I decided it was ridiculous ( and probably not healthy) to take otc pain killers daily for several years for neck and shoulder pain. The first question I asked new surgeon was about insurance requirements for tissue removal. He did his measurements first telling me how much he recommended needs to be removed from each side. Then he did the insurance calculations and compared the two sets of numbers. He actually recommends removing about 100 ccs more from each side than the insurance requires AND he explained why.
Now, I am trying to think of all the questions I need to ask at preop as well as decide other than house cleaning and grocery shopping what I need to do prior to the surgery.
Concern - I already had a vacation trip planned for July 26 - 29. I always try to take my 81 year old widowed mom somewhere each year and this year we are taking the 2 year old grandson as well for a few days in the mountains. It is non refundable and I hate to be out $800+, but I am just a little concerned about this trip 225 miles away just 5 days post op.
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

So far very impressed. Great chair side manner.