34 Year Old, Weight Loss 120lbs with Diet/exercise, Mother of Twins, Recent Tummy Tuck. Charleston, WV

I had my TT on January 6, 2016. After losing...

I had my TT on January 6, 2016. After losing 120lbs and having twins, my stomach was ruined. While recovery has been hard, I would do it again. I have an amazing plastic surgeon and it was worth every penny. The pain is definitely the only con I can list. I have a low pain tolerance so this was the most difficult for me.

More Pics and update

I am 25 days post op and these photos are my healing progression. I had a really good attitude about this surgery which I think has aided in the recovery process. I spent the night of my surgery in the hospital for monitoring. I was up walking and using the restroom 3 hours after surgery. I slept well night 1 and went home the day after. My first night home was extremely hard. I couldn't get comfortable. I couldn't seem to stay ahead of the pain. Day 2 I had my first post op appointment. It was extremely tiring just to leave the house for 45 minutes. Each day got a little better. My boyfriend bought me a wedged pillow so I was able to sleep in my bed. Laying straight back is AGONY. Swelling occurred pretty early on and is still an issue after 3 weeks. I have had a lot of odd "twinges and pains". I recommend lots of rest and am so glad I had someone to help me with everything. I have had days I over did it a bit and the consequence is a lot of swelling. Also, I have been terrible about not drinking enough water. That is really important and is something anyone going through this should not skip on. Drink lots of water! I thought I could go back to work in a week. That was a ridiculous and unrealistic. I am very fit and would consider myself in the best shape of my life and I still was not healing as quickly as I have read about others. I recommend taking 4 weeks off if your have a day job and 8 weeks of u have an active job.

I've never looked this amazing 9-11 weeks post-op Tummy Tuck

These are my post-op photos from the last 3 weeks. The pictures speak for themselves!

7 Months Post-Op TT-BEST Decision ever!

Well...it's been awhile since I've given an update but here is a little snapshot of my healing. I had my surgery in January. It is now July. Pain died down a lot around the beginning of April. I still have a little swelling if I overdo a workout or work too hard on abdominal exercises. My left oblique seems to be sore a lot. One of the best things my dr gave me was a rx for Some Motrin 800 and muscle relaxers. Those help after a strenuous workout-tremendously. I am so happy with my results. I would go through the pain again any day to look and feel as good as I do today. I never thought when I was 264 pounds that I would look the way I do. My surgeon has been so amazing throughout my healing as well as surgery. After care is very important. He still goes out of his way to fit me in to see him anytime I need something or have questions. His warmth and kindness has meant the world to me. I've never felt this comfortable with a physician. He and his staff feel like part of my family. For my 35th birthday, my fiancé took me to Jamaica. For the first time in my adult life, I was able to wear a string bikini. The feeling I had is a feeling I could never describe with words. If you are considering a tummy tuck and live within 4-6 hours of WV, definitely give my surgeon a call. Good luck to you all!
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

I cannot say enough to good things about my surgeon. Not only did he and his staff treat me wonderfully, he makes me feel like family. I have never had this good of an experience with any other Doctor. He is so kind, patient, caring, and does great work.