21 Year Old Who Loves Water Sports. - Charleston, SC

Since I was about 12 years old I began to wear...

Since I was about 12 years old I began to wear contact lenses. At that age until I was 16 I didn't have many problems with my contact lenses until I started doing water sports. Every time I spent the day at the beach and tried going tubing or jet skiing my eyes would turn red and irritate me from all the salt water landing on my contacts. I also had an issue when i tried to stay up late, my eyes would burn and start irritating causing me to feel tired and discomfort. Not only did it prevent many activities but it also caused the contacts to get worn out faster leading to constantly buying packs of lenses. With LASIK I feel like I am getting a new start in life and will now be able to stay up as long as I want, go to the pool without worrying about chlorine, and do water sports without it burning as much. Before the procedure I was very nervous and I had the biggest fear that something would go wrong. The staff was absolutely comforting and helped me relax and even provided me with a teddy bear during the procedure. As I was asked to lay on the bed and look straight into the light I was second guessing myself. I continued the process any ways and began squeezing the bear with all my might and then I realized how easy, painless, and fast it was. The nurse that was in the room with me rubbed my shoulder when I was tense and it felt like the most supportive touch I had received the whole day. She made me feel like everything would be alright and it was. The only part that really was uncomfortable was when they removed the tape from your eye but that is the least important part of the procedure. Overall I am really happy with this procedure and i do not regret making the decision of going through with the process. It was a great experience.
Mount Pleasant Ophthalmologist

The doctor seemed very confident and he seemed to know exactly what he was doing. He seemed serious and did not take anything lightly but rather took every procedure serious as if it were unique and important.