VI Purify Peel - Chandler, AZ

After a few months of research on Realself, I...

After a few months of research on Realself, I decided to go in for a facial peel. My dermatologist recommended the VI Purify peel for my skin to even out my concerns of acne breakouts, blackheads, acne scarring/redness/hyper pigmentation. This is the first peel I have EVER done, so I am excited to see the results.

I will be updating this daily so I can share my experience with all of you!

First Night

Erin applied several layers of the peel on my skin and neck area, which gave me a dark orange/tan look. I did encounter some burning during this, which on a scale of 1 to 10 was about a 3.5/4. I washed off the peel as instructed 4.5 hours after the initial application. The only other discomfort I felt the first night was some intense itching on my neck, which went away after using the face wash and after treatment. This morning I woke up looking like I got a nice tan.

Third Day

Just as Erin said (and most of the other reviews on VI Peels), I started peeling today! It has been minimal, and so far is just around my nose and lips. I am definitely feeling slightly more itchy overall today, but that is expected for the circumstances.

4th day- Peeling Right Along!

Peeling has increased on my face and my neck has also started peeling. So far my "new" revealed skin doesn't look any different from before and I have already noticed three whiteheads at different areas of my face. Wondering if this is normal? Feeling a little worried that this was a waste of money?

Day 5

Most of the central part of my face has peeled, leaving only the outer parts and neck left. Again, I don't see much of a difference between my skin before the peel and right now. I am thinking about scheduling a facial with extractions once the 7 days are up, as I have read that others who got the VI Peel have done, which helped the results even more.

Day 6

Well I am about 95% peeled and I am not seeing any difference in my "new" skin. Feeling very discouraged and wondering if this was a waste of money. You can still see the same red spots and overall hyper pigmentation that I had before the peel. Also, I am not sure if its the chemicals in the peel, but something has seeped into my pores and now it looks like I have blackheads all over my face. I am hoping these will wash away as the days progress.

Thoughts on VI Peel

I am officially past the 7 days for my first peel. I have taken a second look at my "before" skin compared to now, and will admit that there are small sections of my face that are slightly lighter and some scars have faded. My face and neck are also super soft! However, overall, I do not see as much of a change as I had hoped for. I have a feeling it would take at least 4-5 peels to reach my desired skin appearance. I am going to look into a deeper peel or laser technique that could speed up this potentially 1+ long process if I continued with the VI peel.

I know this peel has worked miracles for others, but I think my skin just needs something more substantial.

Erin was very knowledgeable and professional but also very personable! She instantly made me feel like I was in the right hands. She explained what the peel was, the procedure steps, and walked me through the aftercare process.