Breast Implant Removal-16 Year Old Saline-48 Years Old - Chandler, AZ

I got my implants in my early thirties because I...

I got my implants in my early thirties because I felt insecure about my 36A breasts not being proportionate to my athletic body. I was 120 pounds and in great shape. I got 350CC saline implants put in through the armpit and under the muscle. I knew I wanted them removed about three years later. I was never a show your cleavage kind of gal. Ironically, something that was supposed to make me feel more secure about my body actually made me feel more insecure about my body. I was always trying to hide them because I hated how "fake" I felt having them. I also felt very heavy. Fast forward 16 years. I knew I wanted them out and was going to have them removed regardless of the outcome. I was so OVER them. I just felt they made me look matronly and heavy. As I gained weight, they were huge or at least they felt huge to me. I have suffered with extreme fatigue, insomnia, and other ailments for the past ten years. After explantation, I have felt amazing. I am confident (I see the irony here). I feel like a different person. My extreme fatigue...Gone. My insomnia...Gone. It's strange, but true. I feel freaking fantastic. I absolutely love my soft small breasts. I did not get a lift. I still need to lose about twenty pounds so I am sure my breasts will shrink even more. The only wish that I could tell that young girl who thought she was inadequate and needed breast implants was that she is beautiful just the way she is. I only wish that she could see how I see her now. I guess there is wisdom in aging. Lesson learned. I am could not be happier with my decision.

5 WKS

Feeling better every day. This pic was taken yesterday at the 5 wk mark. My breasts seem to be filling in, but I've also gained quite a few pounds in the last couple of months. Yikes. One of my nipples looks like there is a dent in it. Still beyond thrilled. No complaints. Feel so light!
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mata is pretty matter-of-fact. He wanted me to be very aware of how my breasts were going to look afterwards. Although he does not necessarily believe in breast implant illness, he didn't discount it either. I was not looking for Dr. Mata to believe in BII. He did not need to validate my symptoms. I was getting them out regardless. I was looking for someone who I felt could do the job I wanted him to do and that was to remove my implants and the capsules. He is a younger surgeon who I felt would have access to newer surgical techniques. I liked Dr. Mata because he was "straight up" about what to expect. I would highly recommend.