46 Yr Old Female...I Can Breathe, I Don'the Snore, and I Am Not Self-conscious About my Nose Anymore. - Cedar Rapids, IA

When I was a kid I had a cute nose. I was also a...

When I was a kid I had a cute nose. I was also a kid that liked to play outside and I was a very active dodge ball player in gym class. I suffered a few fractures and paid for it later.

As I grew older, my nose became more prominent and crooked. I was teased about my big nose but owned it and acted like it didn't bother me.

As an adult I embraced it and didn't care anymore but physically had breathing problems, chronic sinus infections, and started to get drooping and a dent was forming.

I saw my ENT and realized I had a bone spur, deviated septum, and that I needed turbinate reduction. I had the open surgery where they pull it back and stitch it back up. Ew.

The procedure was a piece of cake. Days 2 through 5 were awful. Be prepared to have the driest mouth ever and be careful about blood running down your throat. I puked for 30 minutes.

I opted to only take Tylenol instead of the painkillers and I did fine. I honestly think my headache was caffeine withdrawals!!

On day 7 the cast was removed and it was the weirdest thing ever. No more bump or bulbous tip and my nose was straight.

Healing well...I am 46 years old and I was back at work about 7 days later but very minimal hours. I still look like me and he didn't make my nose small and unnatural. Very happy with results.
Cedar Rapids Facial Plastic Surgeon

No nonsense guy and a wonderful doctor.