Drainless TT with MR. No Lipo. 32 Years Old. 2 C Sections. Cary, NC

I am going in on Thursday the 17th for a full...

I am going in on Thursday the 17th for a full abdominoplasty with muscle repair with no lipo. I have had 2 c sections one 9 years ago and one 3 years ago. I lost all my baby weight and have kept it off for over a year. I have been continuing to work out and tone and strive for certain physical goals but due to my bubble gum belly I have been unable to attain these goals. I am 5'4 137lbs and in the best shape I've been in in years. I figured now was the best time to do this. Am I crazy? I am way more concerned about the recovery and dealing with my kids and everything than I am about the surgery itself. Anyone else?

Day 1 Post op

Today has been up and down. The pain is not unbearable any means. The only issue I have had is when I choose on some water and coughed. I was in agony for a while from that. Otherwise it's been just soreness and some burning at the incision. My TT was drainless so I have been keeping a 10lb bag of rice on my lower tummy for swelling. Sitting up straighter helps relieve the back pain you get from sitting so much and walking around with my walker has helped too. All in all it is NOTHING compared to what I had convinced myself it would be.

Before Pictures and 2 days Post op!

Here are some Pictures from the day of surgery and then 2 days post op. I took the binder off to shower today and it was definitely a lot harder to stand without it bc of the MR. Pain is totally manageable, but finding a comfortable position is tough so when I do I stay there for a while. Getting up is a lot easier then getting down. Sleeping last night was easier bc I was able to sort of turn to the side, I am not at all used to sleeping on my back so trying to sleep on my back on a wedge is not fun. I choked on some water yesterday and I could have sworn I saw Jesus....not really but holy hellooooo it was awful and the pain from that lasted hours. So if I have any advice.... DO NOT COUGH OR SNEEZE.....or turn quickly.... Ill update again at the end of the day. Tata til then.

Day 3 Post Op

Today was a better day than yesterday. I woke up and I could stand much more upright than before. I can go from sitting to standing and vice versa on my own now. The only swelling I have is in my upper abs but I have been using my 10lb bag of rice on my lower tummy religiously so I think thats helping. Something no one warns you about is HEARTBURN. ... from being in the reclined position so much i have crazy heartburn. Get you some tums for by the bed ladies! Todays shower went WAY better then yesterdays. I actually felt human afterwards. I sat on a step stool in the tub and used the detachable shower head. Today has not had much pain just burning at the incision, muscle cramps, and soreness from sitting around. I was able to get up enough to go with my husband to the store for a few. I road in an electric wheelchair around the store so that was ok. Otherwise all in all it has been a decent day. I will say that the binder sucks...it's restricting my breathing and making me sweat like crazy but i can feel a huge difference without it so I will suck it up and keep it moving.

Day 6

So day 4 and 5 had there ups and downs. I had a slight set back because I was having trouble breathing and i had a terrible cramp in my upper abs. I have been having lots of muscle spasms and then BAM i got a cramp that would not go away. For 2 days it was bulging out and I was unable to catch a full breath and it was just no fun. It turned out to be a cramp and the binder was making it unable to release. Appearantly I have an abnormally short torso so I purchsed 2 comptession body suits and they are MUCH better. Today is day 6 and I am feeling great. Walking long distance is still hard but short distances are fine. Im standing pretty much normal. I saw the Dr today and had my belly button stitches removed which felt weird. Everything else looked great acoording to the Dr. I had a TT with no lipo and MR. He told me today they removed 2.5 lbs of SKIN and repaired a 4 inch gap in my muscles. I was soooooooooo surprised by that. Showering has gotten much easier, although I still can not wait to take a bath though. Otherwise starting to feel closer to normal.
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely thrilled with my results so far.