25 Years Old on the Road to Straight Teeth - Cary, NC

I'll put pictures later. I'm on tray 3 currently...

I'll put pictures later. I'm on tray 3 currently and don't really notice a difference yet. My case is not as severe as some I have seen on here. I have 10 trays total but I fully expect to need refinements. I began my Invisalign journey on May 18th, 2016. I will get 5 more trays in the end of July. I hope I get a spectacular result. I'm scared because I saw some people who weren't happy with theirs and opted for traditional braces instead!

Tray 4

Bad news. My dog ate tray 3. If you have a dog, the Invisalign case is not dog proof. You need to keep it in a drawer where dogs can't get it. Mine was on my bed in the case and my dog still opened it and ate tray 3. Chewed it up, not swallowed it. Regardless, I couldn't wear it after that. The solution reached was to wear tray 4 for the next 3 weeks. It's pretty painful. I had only been wearing tray 3 for 4 days before my dog ate it

Tray 4

Man, I can't wait to be done with Tray 4! I still don't see any real progress but since I have to wear this for 3 weeks instead of 2, it's going to be especially grody!

Sex with Invisalign

I didn't ask my orthodontist about this, but for anyone wondering, guys cannot feel Invisalign. Yesterday, my guy said he couldn't it when we were kissing.

Tray 7

Ok this tray hurts so bad. Like I feel like I'm in the first week all over again. I took Motrin. I have 3 trays left. Should be done October 5. My ortho said I'm right where I need to be but he's worried about my bottom teeth. If he sees something he doesn't like, he will tell me and we will do refinements but he said they will cost $200. I don't care about the cost. Better now while I still have insurance lol. I'm turning 26 in January. I was like we better be done before my 26th birthday!
Cary Orthodontist

I seriously went on 4 other Invisalign consultations and Dr. Bovenizer was the only one I felt who understood my treatment goals. I felt like he had more experience and provided honest feedback that my bite may never be corrected at my age. He said it was 50:50. He understood that this is mostly cosmetic for me. I've only been to 3 appointments and will go back in July. The office is nice and they called to check on me in the first few weeks of treatment. I'm convinced that he is the best orthodontist in Cary and it helped that my oral surgeon and laser hair removal aesthetician also referred me to him!