55 Yrs. Old, 160 Lbs. Asymmetrical and Saggy Post-nursing 20+ Years Ago 38G/H - Cary, NC

Surgery tomorrow......dreading and nervous.....but...

Surgery tomorrow......dreading and nervous.....but tired of not letting my picture be snapped due to embarrassment. I am not looking to be "small", just smaller enough to be symmetrical and comfortable. I told the surgeon no less than a DD. And err on the side of bigger rather than smaller. DDD would even seem a relief. Why? Well, I don't want to feel like I have lost "too much of myself". A friend was surprised that I was doing this since "that has been your identity since you were 16!" Two other reasons: I am on a weight loss journey and have actually lost some breast size and plan to continue. So I don't want to end up with a C cup after more weight loss. The other reason I don't want to go too small: my tummy is pudgy along with my arms, and I don't want my smaller breasts to emphasize my tummy. They kinda cover up a lot now.! Lol. At any rate, def need lifting. Prayers up for tomorrow. I have really depended on this sight, so I feel I owe others some info as well. Ttyl!

Post surgical fever.....

One day post surgery and I have spiked a fever of anywhere from 100.8 to 101.4 depending on which thermometer you use. The surgeon gave me his cell phone number, and I followed
the instructions on the post-op sheet which said to call if it gets
Over 101. And I did. He said since its just one day after surgery to wait and see what tomorrow holds. Gonna keep check on the fever.

Fluid pocket concern/post-op day 3

Well....I have this piece of fluid-filled breast tissue eeking out from the left side. This side had 700 removed as opposed to 200 on the other side. The surgeon gave me his cell phone # and I sent him a pic. He offered for me to come in so he could drain it. (It's Easter Friday.) Since I have my post-op on Easter Monday, I told him it could wait since it's not uncomfortable. (It may be starting to get that way, cuz the bra is pressing on it.) I forgot to tell him I was running 101.3. Hum. Hopefully, this can wait a few days since it's almost a two hour drive. It's not painful to the touch, just the compression bra resting on it.

Careful not to over do it!

Used my arms a bit too much over the weekend. Next day felt really bad. The mucous in my chest seemed thick and bothersome. Saw the dr for one week follow up. Prescribed me an antibiotic. Honestly, felt like getting horrible upper respiratory infection. Kinda worried.

Antibiotic kicked in - go into surgery with a strong immune system, just sayin'

Well, after 24-48 hours, I began to turn the corner. I am afraid to get other procedures after that respiratory infection. Would have been so much easier without it. Maybe it's my age. I notice I am, on the average, older than most getting the reductions. I could not really afford it til this stage in my life. It is rather daunting to go into an operating and then immediately return home. Make sure your immune system is 100% going in. Prior to this surgery, I had a UTI four days before, and a mild cold five days before. I checked with the office about the cold, and they referred me to the nurse anesthetist. Both doctor and CRNA said a mild cold should be ok. I felt good going into the surgery.

P.s. Tried to comment to the comments above, couldn't post...."thanks....you guys are so thoughtful."
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Haven't had the unveiling! At any rate, This Dr. gave a very thorough pre-op session. Also, the office team is readily available and on "your side." They run on time and are very efficient. More to come.....