Last Year of my 20's, 2 Kids...being Comfortable in my Own Skin - Carmel, IN

I'm almost 1 month out from my tummy tuck. Super...

I'm almost 1 month out from my tummy tuck. Super excited, yet nervous. I totally stalk this site and YouTube. I've read almost anything I can find on the procedure. I've always had a really nice shape and been really confident. (Curvy big butt, small waist ok boobs and a pretty face) I got stretch marks with my first child. My stomach was still flat, I didn't have any lose skin. I thought about a tummy tuck then but didn't know if I wanted to go through with it.... That was 10 years ago and I was still really young. Fast forward to 1 1/2 year ago when I had my last baby and got more stretch marks and lose skin. My husband and I decided we didn't want anymore kids. So I decided I wanted a tummy tuck. In clothes you can't really tell, but when they come off the large area between my lady bites is a war zone! Lol I'm completely doing this procedure for me. No one in my life thinks I need to do it. So not very many people know. I'll post a pic soon of my before situation ????????????

Consultation went well

The ladies at the office really helped me out a lot. I was able to get my consultation moved up twice, which was really good news for me considering I'm on a short time window as far as being off from work for the procedure. So I wanted to get in as soon as possible. I was put on a list to be moved up. The consultation went really well. I didn't know what to expect considering this was the first female plastic surgeon I had a consultation with. I was referred to her by a friend who had a tummy tuck. She was very informative, straight to the point and knowledgeable. She answered all of the questions I had. She didn't make me feel like any of the questions were ridiculous, which after me is asking some of the questions I felt like they were. Lol I'm all set for my preop appointment which is two weeks from now and surgery scheduled for April 1. I'm praying everything goes smoothly! I'm trying to muster up enough courage to post preop pictures......

Pain

I forgot to mention that I did request exparel. It was an additional $350. I felt it would be well worth the money. The thing I'm most afraid of is the pain associated with the surgery.

Finally doing it... Here are a couple before pics

Less than 2 hours

I'm experiencing several different emotions, I'm at the point of no turning back I guess. Not sure how I should be feeling. I keep trying to picture the after results.

5 days post op

This is nothing like I expected. The pain has been manageable. Not as bad as I thought it would be. The swelling is intense, my stomach is hard and heavy. I wasn't antisipating this part of it. I'm bored and ready to be back to normal. This is a lot, I thought I had planned and thought of everything but you never know until you experience this. I haven't ever had surgery before. Ready to feel better!
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr Turkle is amazing at what she does. She answered every question I've had. She even called me at home after hours the day after my surgery to check to see how things were going. I had a question at 3 am one night and the answering service got Dr Turkle on the line within 10 minutes to answer my question. The office staff are really friendly and helpful. I'll definitely recommend her to friends and family in the future.