Tumescent on Neck and Jowls at 54 Following Weight Loss - Carmel, IN

After losing a great deal of weight, I decided to...

After losing a great deal of weight, I decided to have a "neck lift" via tumescent liposuction. My doctor marked my face prior to surgery, then his two RNs prepped me for the procedure. The hour-long prep process included injecting my neck with 420 cc of fluid. Happily it did not hurt and before long - I kind of looked like a bullfrog!. Once they determined the area was completely numb, they called the doctor back into the surgery center. It took only about 15 minutes for him to work his magic. And, I must admit - it never hurt! I could feel some light tugging and pressure, but I choose to keep my eyes closed as I listened to the 70's throw back music playing on the radio.

When the procedure was complete, he left and the head nurse put one stitch into my chin. The other two access areas were so small, no suture was required to close them. They placed a wrap around my chin and head and gave me the package so I could repeat the process on my own at home. After making sure I was okay and could easily walk around, we hugged goodbye and my son drove me to a restaurant to grab some lunch. Amazingly, I was not in any pain... but I was hungry!

The first night post surgery I slept inclined on three pillows, and although I was given a prescription of Tylenol 3, I did not need any pain medication. The next morning there was a little swelling and some areas were a little black and blue - but again, no real pain to speak of. I fully expected to have a lot of leaking from my wounds since only 100 cc of fat and fluid were actually removed from my neck and jowls, however, I did not experience any leakage.

It's now 3 days post op and I'm starting to see what I will look like down the road. The jowls are gone and my neck area feels MUCH tighter. I believe the final outcome will be everything I hoped for! Totally worth the time and money!
Carmel Dermatologic Surgeon

Excellent doctor who performs this procedure in his surgery center located in Carmel St. Vincent Hospital. His staff was incredibly kind and professional. I actually enjoyed the experience and felt NO pain!