Perioral Mound Liposuction (Alternative to Buccal Fat Removal) - Carmel, IN

I was searching for a procedure that would thin...

I was searching for a procedure that would thin out the bottom front part of of my face without causing me to look gaunt. I consulted with several surgeons across the country and was told by all of them that my only two options were Buccal Fat Removal or Botox to my masseter muscles. I had done quite a bit of research prior to these consultations so I was a bit disappointed in these responses as I had already ruled these procedures out. The fat I wanted removed was in the corner of the mouth/jowl area so I knew the Botox option was not going to give me the results I was looking for and would be a waste of money. After seeing a picture of where the Buccal space is on the face (under the cheekbone), I had a gut feeling that this wasn't the look I was going for either but every doctor kept insisting this is the procedure for me. I wanted to just have a more tapered face (oval shaped), not that trendy chiseled sucked in cheekbone look - which is what I usually see in Buccal Fat removal before & after pics. Liposuction seemed like the most logical solution to the problem, but every doctor I spoke to strongly urged against liposuction of the face and kept pushing Buccal Fat removal on me. Even though it didn't feel right in my gut, I caved and booked a Buccal Fat removal procedure. A few days later I stumbled on Dr. Eppley's blog and read about Perioral Mound Liposuction. It was exactly what I was looking for and after consulting with him I knew he understood what I wanted perfectly. Needless to say, I cancelled the Buccal Fat removal procedure and scheduled the Perioral Mound Liposuction procedure with Dr. Eppley. I was scared to death prior to surgery second guessing my decision since this was the only doctor recommending something other than Buccal Fat removal. While the amount of fat actually removed through Perioral Mound Liposuction is small it can really make a difference in the right patient. I am very happy with my results and thank god I found Dr. Eppley before going against my gut and getting Buccal Fat removal.

The swelling took about 2 weeks to go down from the liposuction and then I was left with a smooth more tapered face - not a sucked in cheekbone look. No pain at all. I just looked like a chipmunk for a week or so like I had my wisdom teeth removed. The incisions were inside of the corners of my mouth so there are no visible scars either. I didn't experience numbness, skin irregularities, or nerve damage - which are the reasons given by other doctors refusing to do this surgery.

The fact that Dr. Eppley performs this procedure regularly when so many other plastic surgeons (even LA celebrity docs) aren't confident enough in their skills to offer it is a huge reason why I will only trust Dr. Eppley with my face in the future.
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Eppley is very skilled and knowledgeable in his field. He is extremely easy to reach via email and usually responds within a few hours with detailed responses - not the typically one size fits all cookie cutter responses that most Dr.'s use :) He will spend a great deal of time explaining different treatment options with you if you are interested in the nitty gritty details. His practice also has the best plastic surgery blog on the internet (exploreplasticsurgery.com). I highly recommend anyone considering plastic surgery to read over his case studies for applicable procedures. It is extremely informative and really reduces pre and post surgery anxiety. If you are considering plastic surgery you really can't go wrong with Dr. Eppley!