Best Facial Surgeon in Indianapolis Area

After months of research, I consulted with Dr....

After months of research, I consulted with Dr. Winslow in person and made a deposit that day. I have family members who have had extensive work from other local surgeons, but Dr. Winslow's background, experience and amazing results won me over. To me, her patients are hands-down the most subtle and natural-looking and I firmly believe she is in a league of her own. I was also looking for a female physician, as I prefer to give my money and trust to other women, when possible.
I had 5 procedures done at once: mini lift, peel, rhinoplasty, forehead lift and lower lids.

10 days post

Stitches out! Unbelievably satisfied with results so far, couldn't be more pleased!

Day of Surgery

Day 1

Day 2

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

1 Week post

Able to remove Aquaphor from face and life - reason to celebrate!!

9 days post

Day 10

Before / 10 days after

Day 13

Should have had hair colored pre-surg, now I have to wait 4 weeks.

Day 17

Out with makeup for the first time!

Day 18

No makeup. My stamina is slowly returning. I worked last week but would tire easily. Tissue around ears stiff & swollen and skin still feels a bit tight from the peel, but this is part of the healing process. So pleased and grateful to Dr. Winslow!

Quick Healing / Aftercare

I want to share my experience around the post-surgery process for anyone contemplating facial surgery for the first time. I had several things done at once, so can't speak to anything other than recovering from the combo of mini-lift, peel, rhino, lower bleph and brow lift surgeries.

I believe I have recovered relatively quickly for two reasons:
1. Dr. Winslow's detailed aftercare instructions / prescribed medication
2. Nursing staff from A Touch of Care (317-514-4562)

Your surgeon will give you very specific instructions for pre-surgical and post-surgical aftercare. Follow them to the letter. Do not cut corners or let any of these slide - they are instructed for a reason. Why significantly invest in your face if you're not willing to do your part to protect your investment and contribute to the best possible outcome?

Get help. Again, this is just my experience, but having my mother with me was simply not enough. This is major surgery and that first week is very rough. I was taking 7 different medications, several times per day, plus topical applications due to the peel and mandatory showers and specific food intake. This occurs round the clock and I was not sleeping well or only at night. The (Indianapolis) nursing staff from Touch of Care has been caring for plastic surgery patients for years and they are worth every penny. They applied cold compresses all night (20 min off/20 min on) to my eyes when they were swollen. They applied Aquaphor to my face another night when I couldn't sleep d/t itching. I had them 6 full days after surgery and was then able to care for myself (alone), although I still needed help driving to appts since I still couldn't wear my glasses. If you can afford it, I highly recommend it as it had a real impact on how quickly I recovered.

Don't plan to do anything for at least 2 weeks. Your stamina will be down and you'll look like you just had surgery. My surgeon says it takes a year to fully heal. I work from home, so went back after 12 days, but even that was a stretch. At 2 weeks I started going out but still had bruising (which I did not try to cover), so people asked questions. If you're trying to keep your surgery a secret, you'll need makeup to cover the bruising but swelling is harder to conceal.

I am not a doctor so this is simply my experience and opinion :)

Best of luck to all of you moving toward this life-changing decision!

3 weeks post

Seems like so long ago, hard to believe it was only 3 weeks.

23 Days Profile

No need to clarify which is before and which is after :)
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Winslow is a true artist. I wanted to be a better version of myself but not unrecognizable. This is the balance that even surgeons to the celebrities can't get right, but she can and does. I have a lot more healing to do but am already ecstatic with my results! Also, the office staff is great and attentive.