Not Happy - Carmel, IN

I really am looking for other peoples experiences...

I really am looking for other peoples experiences and thoughts about what my arms look like post surgery.

I'm very disappointed with how big my right arm still is. I think I may have needed lipo as well but it wasn't even offered and I didn't know to ask. My bad! I'm 10 weeks post surgery and arms are still not symmetrical. My doctors comment was that the right was bigger to begin with. So what!!! He told me to wait a year. I seriously don't think that miraculously they will appear similar or smaller than they do right now. I've included pics of the journey post surgery leading up to today.

One other comment that doesn't sit well with me was made to my husband after my surgery. The surgeon said I wasn't a small girl so I wouldn't have small arms. What did he think I wanted?? To look like Popeye???

Over Two years later

Well it's been 29 months since my surgery. Arms size remains uneven between the two arms. It's quite noticeable. Since too much was left it has caused the scars to stretch. The pic is off the larger arm (right).

Are my arms smaller than what they were? Yes. But it's obvious that the outcome could have been much better.

I'm going on Thursday to a different PS to discuss a breast reduction and to see if Lipo would help my arms. I really don't want to go through another arm lift right now. The left arm would be fine with Lipo I think. But right really needs the lift. But if I can get a little smaller with Lipo now and then later have the lift on right arm only, would be ideal. But gotta wait to get her recommendation.

29 months later another pic

Here is just another pic of larger right arm. I think everything below the scar should have been removed too.
Dr. Harper

See review for comments made by surgeon that didn't sit well with me.