Male with Great Results - Jaw Angle Implants, Rhinoplasty, Chin and Cheek Implants - Very Talented Surgeon. Carmel, IN

I am a middle-aged guy and had four procedures...

I am a middle-aged guy and had four procedures with Dr. Eppley (all at the same time): nose job, chin implant, jaw angle implants, and malar (cheek) implants. I am so happy with my surgery that I want to give any guys out there considering one of the surgeries some encouragement if they're considering it.

I think there are probably a lot of surgeons out there who can do a basic nose job or chin implant without too much of problem. If you just need a simple procedure I'm bet there's someone in your local city who can do it for a reasonable charge (I don't actually know but something tells me that these kinds of surgeries aren't too too complicated).

If you are looking for someone who is extremely experienced, who prides himself in the nuances of a perfect surgery, and who can do all kinds of complex facial surgeries (rhinoplasty, jaw angle implants, sliding genioplasty, etc. etc.) I really recommend Dr. Eppley. My understanding is that he actually teaches young plastic surgeons how to do cosmetic surgery.

He set realistic expectations for me from our first meeting and was patient with my many questions and concerns.

If you are considering jaw angle implants or any other kind of complicated facial surgery I would very, very strongly encourage you to consider going with Dr. Eppley or someone with similar experience. Jaw angle implants is a fairly complicated surgery and you need someone who can do it perfectly. In hind sight, the jaw angles are probably the most important part of my surgery. The recovery process is substantial (I could only open my mouth about 1 cm for 2 weeks or so) and I hadn't mentally prepared for this. For men this surgery really has the potential to improve the masculinity of the face face.

Like many people who are reading this, I poured over just about every cosmetic surgery website online in the weeks and months leading up to my surgery. After I got on this site in particular all I thought about day and night was the surgery. Frankly one of the best parts of surgery was feeling free to think about things besides plastic surgery once again.

I have a few tips for anyone planning to undergo surgery:

-Bring someone with you if you possibly can. A best friend or spouse or whoever. I went through my entire surgery process alone and this was a mistake. I couldn't sleep the night before surgery because I was afraid I would sleep through the alarm. After the surgery, I often had to get in an Uber and get food for myself alone, all bandaged up, which was not ideal. It's possible to do it alone, but really, really not fun.

-For complicated surgeries that will likely require a few days stay in Carmel - I would consider an air bnb within a 10-minute walk to a pharmacy. You never know what you're going to want / need a few days after surgery and getting Ubers everywhere can be a pain. I stayed at a hotel which his office recommended which was very nice and pleasant but I wished for a number of reasons I had stayed at an Air BNB that was a shorter walk to a pharmacy.

-Double- and triple-check the time of the surgery a few days before.

-For God's sake don't eat or drink anything 10 hours before surgery (or whatever they tell you) - your surgery could be canceled if the anesthesiologist can't put you to sleep because you ate recently

-Be patient with yourself after surgery. The post-op swelling is really humbling and will make you wonder what you were thinking. Remind yourself that the swelling is going to go down. I was able to go to back to work about 2 weeks after my surgery feeling good about myself but it really took 2 months for the look to take effect. The nose and chin swelling was actually negligible - it was really just the cheek and jaw implants that took a long time.

- Finally - I want to give props to any guys out there considering surgery. As a middle-aged guy, I was REALLY concerned of what people would think of my decision to have plastic surgery. Especially since I had such a major surgery done - nose, chin, jaw and cheeks. I was really surprised how supportive all of my friends and relatives have been. If you have the $ and the time, go for it.
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Eppley is a highly skilled plastic surgeon. He has a great bedside manner and will make you look your best.