Black Female Hair Transplant in Cape Town South Africa.

I'm a 38 year old black female with traction...

I'm a 38 year old black female with traction alopecia and had a hair transplant with Dr. Larry Gershowitz at Medical Hair restoration in Cape Town.
Prior to my procedure, I tried various hair growth products including taking high dose vitamins, none of which worked. My hairline had been receding for a few years and I tried to cover it up with weaves and micro braids which ultimately made things worse.
I went to see Dr. Larry for a consultation and he told me I had traction Alopecia. What I liked about him was the fact that he did not immediately say I needed a transplant. He asked me to get some medical tests to determine if there were any other underlying causes for my hair loss. He also told me to start using Rogaine to see if we could stimulate some growth.

I went for several tests and consulted a Dermatologist who confirmed the traction Alopecia diagnosis. All my tests results showed I was in good health. I decided to diligently try Rogaine to see if it would stimulate some growth.

9 months later I went back to see Dr. Larry, we both agreed that a hair transplant was the next step.
Prior to surgery I went to see Dr. Larry 2 times and talked on the phone with him and Roxanne his office manager. They answered all my questions and helped me get over my "cold feet".

I had my surgery on June 30. I went to the MHR office at 8:am and the surgery started around 8:30 am. Dr. Larry and his staff were really professional. They made sure I was at ease and attended to all my comforts. The surgery was a breeze, I felt no pain. by 4:30pm we were done and I was given my post op instructions. I relocated to the USA 2 weeks after my surgery. besides some pain on Day 2 and 3 post op my recovery was as expected.

I have to say that Dr. Larry, Roxanne the office manager and all his staff were very friendly professional funny and caring. The vibe at the clinic is friendly and fun and I had the best cheese sandwich I have ever had .

I am sharing my story so that young women struggling with traction Alopecia can be inspired to do something about it. It took me a while to make the decision but I am happy I did. My hair is growing in and so far I am very pleased with the results.

Transplant Method

The transplant method was FUT and I had 3000 grafts.
Dr. Larry Gershowitz

Dr. Larry was excellent, great bedside manner, experience with all types Ethnic/ African hair. Friendly staff great location and pleasant atmosphere.