MiraDry for Big Time Excerciser - Campbell, CA

I was interested in MiraDry because I exercise...

I was interested in MiraDry because I exercise every day. With a busy life, I often go straight from the gym to work, or around to do my other errands. I also exercise heavily and sweat a lot, so I am constantly having to hang my dirty clothes to dry from sweat before I put them in the hamper. I often worry that my deodorant isn't enough. I decided to get this treatment simply for convenience. I was treated at the office of Dr Berkowitz and Dr Zeidler. The nurse seemed knowledgeable and very attentive to my needs. She educated me about the procedure, and had me sign a consent form. Then she numbed me up using a local anesthetic. What I liked about this facility was that she put a sodium bicarb (a neutralizer) into the local anesthetic, so that it didn't burn during the injection. Usually when I go to the dentist of when I have had other procedures done, the numbing medicine hurts really bad while it is being injected. This was tolerable. Then, she started the procedure based on the size of my armpit. It took about 30 minutes to do each side. On the R side, I experienced a little burning at the bottom of my armpit. I immediately told the nurse and she stopped, injected more local, and was able to finish. I appreciate that she wanted me to communicate the entire time. Altogether from start to finish, it took about 1.5 hours to be treated. After the procedure, my left side was slightly more swollen and had more marks that looked like bruises. I felt very jittery from the epinephrine that was in the local anesthetic. The area felt both numb and raw. My boyfriend noticed the swelling, but 3 days later he could no longer tell that I was swollen (though I felt swollen still.) That night, I was in a lot of pain and need extra strength tylenol and motrin, and benadryl to fall asleep. I slept with my arms up because it felt very sensitive every time I lowered my arms. The next day, the pain was tolerable with just motrin. After about 1 week, the discoloration was gone and the swelling was mostly gone. I continued to have lumps in the area for about 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, everything smoothed out to normal.

Sweat No More!

When I heard about the miraDry procedure, I was very excited to try! As a surgical tech & wearing a gown, mask, and other attire, the Operating Room can get unbearable very fast leaving you sweating profusely. I always made sure to have prescription strength deodorant on my at all times, to make sure there would be no odor and minimal sweat. Since the day of my miraDry, I have not put any deodorant on at all...and I have not been given any advice from my husband that I should wear deodorant! I have very minimal hair to shave as well. Although the procedure was not "painless", the pain level was tolerable and worth it for what results you receive! I would recommend miraDry to anyone that has a problem with underarm sweat and odor.

7 wk update

It took a good 6 weeks for the lumps to smooth out and all of the discomfort to go away. Overall happy with my results. I don't wear deodorant anymore, and no one has complained about my odor. I still have some armpit hair. The only thing that has been hard for me to accept is that since I no longer sweat from my armpits, I have a harder time gauging hoe hard I'm working out.
San Jose Plastic Surgeon