Slanted Smile

I've had braces for 3 years now, and it seems to...

I've had braces for 3 years now, and it seems to me that the orthodontist can't fix my smile. Every appointment I go to, they give me the same look and reaction of "Man, her smile is still slanted." This worries me since it seems like it can never be fixed. Now, I found out that they're taking my braces off once I go to my next appointment! But I'm still not confident with my smile and I am getting worried that they don't know what to do next. All they do is repeat the same procedure of using rubber bands to bring down my teeth, but obviously that is not helping. When I started going to this orthodontist, they said I had a cross bite and a slanted smile, to me it still seems like I have this problem. Not only that, but my midline is also off and yet they still wanna take my braces off. When I asked them about it, their answer is "if you want to continue wearing braces, you can. We'll just keep using the rubber bands to bring down your teeth." However, this is what they have ALWAYS been doing! It seems to me that they can't see the big picture that the rubber bands are not helping with the rest of my teeth. Please help me make my smile straight. :(
York Orthodontist