45yr Old, 2 Children - Cambridge, UK

My oldest is 21 and youngest is 10. I've talked...

My oldest is 21 and youngest is 10. I've talked about this procedure as long as I can remember. Thought I might be able to do something myself so hit the gym hard, got a personal trainer and ate carefully.

Lost a couple of kilos and toned up nicely, but the lower tummy just wouldn't shift.

Finally made the decision to get a TT. My friend had recently had surgery using Michael and rated him highly so I went to see him.

A no nonsense, warm man who was very direct, which I liked.

Required a second visit just to make sure this was what I really wanted but I'd already made my mind up.

I'm now 3 days post op and must say the whole experience from Mr Irwin and his team was very good.

I'm not in as much pain as I thought so if I'm sensible and don't try and do things too early, the discomfort shouldn't last too long.

16 days PO

Had my check with the consultant after 12 days and everything seems good. Removed the dressing which was a relief as it had started to itch!

Like most, I was most anxious about seeing how the scar has turned out and to be honest, it looks pretty good for just two weeks I think. Some slight picketing over the right hip but I'm hoping that will smooth out over time...

Only negative is still not being able to drive and having to wear the compression garment for another four weeks.

I do wonder why the length of time patients have to wear this garment is so varied as I've read that some ladies are only wearing it for around 2 weeks?!

6 weeks PO

Back to see the consultant today as I feel I'm still quite swollen so just want to make sure this is all still ok and that I will flatten a lot more as time goes on.

I know everyone is different but I've looked at so many other photos and some ladies are so flat at this stage and they were much bigger than me initially.

Have been walking daily for 2-3 miles but find that my tummy gets really tight whilst walking and then swells quite a bit.

Began driving again last week which makes things much easier. Don't think I'm quite ready for the gym again yet though...

Will update again after seeing consultant...

Consultant comment

Well, as I'd hoped (and expected), the consultant examined me and said there wa no cause for concern and that it was still early days.

He explained about the lymphatic drainage system taking some months to repair which is one of the reasons for the swelling, particularly just above the scar. Also, the fact that he did some lipo means swelling generally lasts longer.

Not due to see him again until November so I'm hoping that my stoch will be much flatter by then...

I need to keep wearing the compression garment day and night but I only need to wear the abdominal binder during the day.
London Plastic Surgeon