50, Active, Tired of the "Bulge"

Despite being active since my teens (sports,...

Despite being active since my teens (sports, working out, etc.) I have never really had a waist to speak of and a very round stomach area no matter how much I work out. I'm 5'7" and about 155 lbs. I thought for my 50th I would like to try coolsculpting as I've heard a lot of good things about it. I went in last Friday and after the consultation, the technician and I decided to go with four large applicators on my upper and lower abdomen areas. I sucked it up (no pun intended) and did the four areas in one visit (4 hours plus the in between time). The time went by remarkably fast. Texted, work emails, even slept. Gave me water and snacks. As a lot of the reviews say, I would agree that it was uncomfortable, (most notably the massage after each treated area was done) but nothing I couldn't handle. I probably have a higher tolerance for pain (two kids, had both naturally, no drugs, etc.) It really wasn't that bad at all I thought. I have been swollen in the stomach area for past couples of nights, but nothing intolerable. Took Tylenol twice, but honestly I don't think I had to. I'm on day four now and only this morning did I feel a slight nerve type sensation. Just sight pricking from the inside, but nothing like I've read about from some people. Almost tickles, not much more than that.

The technician was awesome. I am waiting for the 'before' pictures from the office, I only took some on day 1 after the procedure and then day 3 (yesterday). The first couple of days I wore spanx but since then I haven't felt like I needed it, depending on what I wear. Still swollen. It feels like I ate about 3 big turkey dinners.

Hope for some good results in 3 weeks or so. I'll post the before pix when I get them.
Thanks for reading and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Day of Procedure photos

Immediately after procedure

16 days post procedure

Feeling good, almost completely back to "normal". Still numbness in the stomach area and a bit itchy. Not noticing any change yet, but still early. Threw a couple pix in anyways just for fun. Going to hit the gym hard this week!! Back at it...
Calgary Dermatologist

Great experiene, they explained everything, answered all my questions. I may change the rating below once they get back to me on the photos as they said they would. During the four hours during treatment, I had a call button, but she didn't come in to check on me. However another person did. Overall, I really can't complain about anything.