31 Braces for Overcrowding and Extreme Overbite - Caldwell, ID

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I have always been self conscious about my smile....

I have always been self conscious about my smile. At 31 and a mother of two I figured it was time to get it corrected. I was originally interested in Invisalign however after two consultations it became clear that I was not a good candidate. So I'm going with the Damon system braces. I will also need an appliance to pull my jaw forward. So far my experience has been pretty painful but hoping it's worth it!

Day 36

Got 4 more brackets today, new wire, and rubber bands! And just when I was getting comfortable ???? now home for some Tylenol.

Holidays and new wires

So we had a rough thanksgiving ???? while I was attending a wedding in LasVegas my husbands grandma suffered a stroke. So since his family came to be by her side we threw together an impromptu Thanksgiving dinner. It was stressful, but very glad I was able to do that for the family. She did end up passing away on Friday. Today I had my orthodontist appointment and was fitted with a new wire, which was quite painful to put in! I felt like the assistant was going to pop my back molar out!! Then after that was done the orthodontist came, took a look, and decided I needed my bracket moved on the left front tooth. Took the bracket off which was also quite painful! But it's all working and I can see a huge difference. Dr. Says that next appointment I can get the build ups taken out, Thank Goodness!!! Here are my 10 week picture update :)

4 months down

Just had my 4 month visit with the orthodontist. I was hoping to get my buidups taken out but he thinks they need more time ???? they basically make it so I cannot chew anything well so I've lost almost 15 lbs, which is a lot for me! None of my clothes fit anymore ???????? I need to be more diligent in wearing my bands so that's the New Years resolution! I did get my wire changed and my teeth have been super sore since but I'm seeing lots of progress so it worth it right! I'm so happy I made the choice to get braces, even though my teeth aren't where they are supposed to be I feel so much more confident. Posted some updated pics, you can see that the top two are almost aligned!

Build up picture

Just wanted to add a pic of the buildups in case your curious. They are the fourth "tooth" from the midline.

6 month update

1/4 of the way there!! Wahoo! Although I feel like my teeth are moving its not quite as fast as I'd like. I never thought I had crooked bottom teeth but as you can see they are. I have some spaces and think they are making room to space them out. Still waiting for my builups to be taken out ????????

8 months left new appliance

Been awhile since I updated so here's all that has happened! I recently got the herbst (sp.) appliance and it was horrible! Wore holes into each side of my mouth. Sometimes when I chew it pinches the insides of my cheeks. I really hate this thing. It collects food like I'm storing it for winter ???? I also wear rubber bands with it because if I don't I end up biting on the metal and it feels like I'm going to break my teeth. The rubber bands keep the metal to the side of my mouth. I also feel like it has made my facial features not very attractive. I'm supposed to have about 8 more months to go! I'm hoping the plan is on schedule. I am overall happy with the straightness of my upper teeth, just need the lower to get on board.

Half of the appliance gone!

Last visit the dr took out the right side of the herbst appliance wahoo!!!! He also filed the teeth next to my front teeth to get a better alignment. They added a powerchain to the top to keep them together. The end is definitely in sight now!!
Dr. Neal P. Webster

The dr is extremely caring! At this point he's highly recommended.