32 Years Old, LOW BMI and Gastric Sleeve. Egypt, EG

Ok. I am writing this review for the few out there...

Ok. I am writing this review for the few out there with low BMI who had the courage enough to say I cannot do this alone and I need help! I am 32 years old, 5'7" and always maintained my weight around 155-158 lbs. in the last year (because i got divorced, lost my father and other tragic events) I suddenly shot up to 190 lbs! I tried everything you can imagine to shed down those pounds from exercise (but I have tachycardia and cardio is not allowed), to appetite suppressants to gastric balloon. Everything works temporarily and once removed I'm off the wagon again. I needed help to stay off the wagon rather than just to lose the weight. I knew the weight loss wasn't the struggle. I knew that keeping the weight off is the actual problem. And I needed to feel good again about myself. I also love food. I do not want to remain on a diet for the rest of my life! I went ahead and met my doctor who did not (thank God) lecture me about how i can keep it off with exercise or how I don't need it and was kind enough to say "Ok I will help you". Long story, has the sleeve done on the 2/25. for the first 48 hrs, I think the gas pain from the CO2 of the operation was the worst part. I am currently 4 days post op and I lost 8 lbs already. My doctor told me he will not be restricting my food intake as much since i have little weight to lose, however for now i still remain on liquid diet to make sure my stomach is healing fine. I have 4 small incisions (drain included) but they did not need to retract my liver since it was in good shape. Also I did not have to follow any pre op diet. I will keep you all updated with my journey.

One Week post op

6 days post Op - Since my doctor is not looking for very rapid weight loss (I have little to lose and not need to risk hair thinning and skin drying with rapid weight loss), he has little restrictions with the TYPE of food. He is focused on the texture of the food. So far I was on all clear liquid diet for 3 days (clear broth, water and unsweetened juice). Then I am allowed most liquid (nothing carbonated) and pureed food. I tolerated the following items very well so far: pureed potatoes, pureed lava beans, tomato soup, pureed lentil soup, chicken mousse and tuna moussa. Not bad for 6 days post op. I was starting to get a bit depressed from the clear liquid. I love food (the variety not the quantity). I am down to 177 lbs already, so a good 13 lbs are lost already.
Dr. Osama Taha

He was professional and brief, I guess. Takes you seriously but doesn't have time for chit chats.