Rhinoplasty : Removing Bump - Burnaby, BC

Hi im 29 years old and i decided to finally fix...

hi im 29 years old and i decided to finally fix my nose after hating it since I was 12 . I know it's not the ugliest nose and everyone close to me always said I was nuts for having a problem with it but their opinion doesn't matter as I'm the one looking in the mirror every day, so im doing it for myself .

As I got older I also noticed my nose also growing and I felt it was getting to big for my face and distracting from my other features .

The procedure I had done was an open rhinoplasty in which they shaved down my bump , narrowed my bridge and my tip .

I can't wait to see the final results . I also went to the same doctor that did my TT and BA and was very satisfied with the results . let's see how this nose comes out . I'll keep everyone posted

before and after surgery pics

dr gave me some arnica pills and I really feel thats it's helping me with bruising and swelling because I was expecting worSe

I love my new nose

went to get my cast off today and was in shock when I looked at myself I look like a whole different person ! doctor said swelling will probably get worse as scar tissue forms and to massage and use preparation h .

for the first time in my life i live my profile . I feel like it has softens My features and made my face look slimmer .

NaSal valve collapse?

So I know it's only been 3 weeks and do far I don't like how I've been healing . My left nostril is still small and sunken and it looks like I have a big lump inside which almost looks like scar tissue growth which isn't good for healing as it can take up that shape which is making my nose tip look bulbous . Another concern is my bridge . I have lumps on either side which makes my nose look crooked . It looks as though the sides weren't shaved down enough . The doctor told me massage everyday and I have religiously but I almost feel like it's made my nose worse.

My side profile looks fine its just the front view that is bothering me. I'm really stressing but I know I should be patient . I have my first appointmet next week so I'll be definitely be bringing up these concerns . If worse comes t worst than I'll be doing a revision as I'm not happy with it at the moment . Here are one pictures . You decide .

6 months later and a Quick Revision

My healing journey has been a very stressful one. For the past 6 months my nose has been very stubborn and refused to be small and cute. I had brought up my concerns with my doctor and he told me that he was able to correct them with just basic freezing .
So yesterday i went for my procedure ,and of course everyone in the office was always welcoming and pleasant. The doctor froze my nose with a needle ,which hurt just a little. Within minutes my nose was already numb. I than went into the operating room where he began removing some extra cartilage from one nostril and filed down some the residual bone on my bridge , than some stitches.
Thank god i didn't feel anything but listening to the sound of my bones being scraped and not feeling a thing was almost surreal. The whole procedure took about 45 minutes including 15 minutes of freezing. The doctor put a clear tape on nose for swelling and said to leave it on for 3 days, make sure i slept upright and take some Arnica pills. It honestly felt like i had another complete Rhinoplasty done ,except i was awake for this one. Once i arrived home and the freezing wore off i had the worst headache and it felt like i had been kicked in the nose really hard. But nothing a couple of Tylenol 3s couldn't help.

Today i woke up fine . My nose is very swollen and i look like avatar. But i'm so happy and anxious to see how my nose will look once completely healed. I'm very happy that Dr. Ross agreed to help fix my concerns at no cost. Now lets hope this stubborn nose finally looks like its supposed too!

pictures before and after revision 6.months

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

He did my BA and TT in 2013 and I was very satisfied with my results and with the aftercare . The office staff are amazing too- very informative and supportive . Great team overall . Highly recommended