Be Careful About Promises - Burlington, ON

I had a BR in 2008. I was a size 34G with...

I had a BR in 2008. I was a size 34G with pendulous breasts and downward facing nipples. My original surgery was cancelled the night before when Dr. Grace's father died. I was disappointed because I had taken unpaid time off of work for two weeks, but understood the situation. They managed to fit me in 2 weeks later (which meant another 2 weeks unpaid).

When I woke up from surgery, I immediately knew something was wrong. My breasts were completely flat and wide. The nipples were so high that as I recovered, half of each one came out of the top of my bras. In addition, he made me much smaller than we discussed. I couldn't find a bra that fit because my breasts were so wide and no projection - they looked like flat pancakes. I resorted to wearing padded bras (haha how ironic).

He ended up doing a revision which "pulled down" the breasts to help with the high nipple issue. I went back and forth with his office for years about how upset I was with the results and ended up having a fat transfer into the tops of my breasts in April 2012. 4 years later...I think I'm happy. My nipples are still too high, and much bigger than they should be (at least based on everyone's "after" pictures).

I don't know what went wrong but I would caution everyone to thoroughly discuss expectations and make it very clear. We talked about the lollipop technique - he was adamant it would work for me (I was doubtful based on my size and shape but listened to his expertise). When I woke up, I had anchor scars and absolutely no fullness. I trusted that he would do the best for me and although Dr Grace is a very nice person, I would never recommend his practice based on my experience and my result and his failure to admit that he had made some mistakes in my surgery.

For anyone that watches "botched", there was an episode this summer about too high nipples and my sister texted me right after and said that could have been me :(
Toronto Plastic Surgeon