51 Year Old Male Vaser Liposuction to Chest, Flanks, Abdomen and Inside Knees. Thailand, TH

Due to bad lifestyle choices I found myself in bad...

Due to bad lifestyle choices I found myself in bad physical condition when I hit 50, with the body of a 60 year old and mental vitality in the 30's. Weight at time of surgery was 220 pounds which is 30 pounds overweight. I recently moved from the Middle East to a new work assignment in Thailand which gave me the opportunity to take advantage of cost effective cosmetic services. I chose Bumungrad hospital in Bangkok which is internationally recognized, and selected my cosmetic surgeon from their panel of specialists.
My consultation with Dr Somboon Waprib was informative, he showed me extensive files of similar surgeries, with results, both post operative and over a 3 month post operative rperiod. Dr Waprib, also discussed alternatives including dieting, and the risks associated with general anesthesia and surgery. ( note that included in the price was one night's stay, surgery and anesthesiologist costs). I opted to include gynecomastia surgery to my chest, flanks, abdomen and inner knee vaser lipo.
I underwent surgery on 17th January and attached is my pre-op and day 2 post op photo's.
next post will give details of op and recovery to date.

Operation and day 1 & 2 post op.

I arrived at admissions at Bumungrad hospital at 7 am, and was processed and taken directly to the pre-op area where several people were being readied for various operations. The nurses were very pleasant and professional, and I had a visit from both the anesthetist and surgeon prior to going into surgery. Recall being wheeled into the theater, and waking up in post-op 5 hours later.
I was transferred to my private room and slept for the first few hours. Was in mild discomfort, and slight dizziness from the anesthesia. Nurses were in the room every two hours checking blood pressure & vitalS and was still on a saline drip. Had some issues urinating and eventually was given a catheter to empty the bladder. I had no real pain, slept lightly through the night, had some soup and fruit juice but was not really hungry.. During the night the nurses came every two hours and timed my bathroom visits to coincide. By the morning I was getting up by myself, with general discomfort being similar to excessive workout and muscles with lactic acid buildup.I continued to drink large amounts of water throughout the night.
The surgeon arrived on Sunday at 10am, and some of my dressings were changed where they had leaked. The surgeon preferring to stitch the small incisions, for aesthetic reasons and acknowledged that it did lengthen recovery. ( during my research it appeared that cosmetic surgeons tended to prefer suturing incisions). I was discharged with antibiotics, some drugs for swelling and pain. I walked from the hospital with my wife to the hotel we were staying at for an extra night. Felt slightly fatigued and spent the rest of the day reading with limited activity.
Day 2 post op; Increased muscle soreness, did not sleep well primarily due to having to sleep on my back, I continued to drink lots of water and make frequent bathroom trips. Muscle soreness increased and given the number of areas I had worked on, required assistance showering and dressing. I did not take any painkillers as the most discomfort comes from wearing the compression garments.
As per my photo's posted above there was localized bruising and swelling starting to appear. The one area that does take a hit is the pubic region which is swollen and purple, but not painful. I personally drove the 2 hours home, and took it easy the rest of the day.
Heading back to Bangkok to see the surgeon and have the stitches removed, will update tomorrow with photo's.

Day 3 post-op

Met with the cosmetic surgeon, Had stitches removed from nipples, all other incisions are closed with dissolvable stitches. Swelling has increased as expected, however the before and after photo's show a tremendous improvement.
Keeping the diet clean, no processed foods and drinking lots of water. Sleeping has been problematic due to compression garments, sleeping on my back and general body soreness.
Next post will be a 7 day update.

Belated Day 7 post-op

Bruising and swelling continued to appear in the past several days. body seems to be responding well to arnica regime, clean food and plenty of water.
One tip that I would add is to make sure you have good fitting compression garments, your going to live in them 24/7 and this was the most difficult part of my post-op recovery to date.
I was fortunate to be able to take additional time off work, and being now back at work, would recommend trying to maximize your time to recover at home.
Attached pics are post operative Day 7. I'll post again at the month mark.

4 weeks post op

It's been 3 weeks since my last post. In terms of recovery, I have had no complications. I continued to wear my compression garments until start of week 4 which was a week earlier than recommended by surgeon. I still have slight swelling, but no pain whilst doing day to day activities. Have kept exercise down to walking and continuing to eat clean, unprocessed foods. Brushing was pretty much gone by 10 day, with some slight discoloration of the skin in certain areas, which have now disappeared.
My compression garment was getting loose, and I had read numerous surgeons views on the effectiveness of compression garments, which varied from not wearing to continually wearing for 6 weeks. My decision to remove the garment in week 4 did not result in any increased swelling. I am planning to increase my exercise regime from this week, and will monitor for any increase in swelling. Overall I am happy with my current results, and will post again in 4 weeks time.
Dr Somboon Waiprib

Dr Waiprib answer all my questions and explained the procedure including other non- surgical options including dieting.