60 Year Old with the Neck of a 70 Year Old - Thailand, TH

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

2.5 months ago I decided to try Botox, and as I...

2.5 months ago I decided to try Botox, and as I was a Botox virgin I booked myself an appointment at an up market clinic, and had injections between my brows (good!) and in my marionette lines, disastrous! It left me with a crooked mouth and an inability to smile or speak properly. A week later I went back for corrective Botox, which in all honestly didn't really work but I had a little filler and my marionette lines looked a tad better, although everything else remained the same. Looking back, the doctor who performed the procedure was a charlatan because my lines were so bad that no amount of Botox could have helped......9 doctors work from that clinic and I obviously got the bad one. However, while I was there one of the assistants suggested I might benefit from a neck and lower face lift and went on to tell me about the amazing Dr Poomee who works from the Bumrungrad Hospital in Thailand, and how she had had two procedures with him; a boob lift and a tummy tuck! She couldn't speak highly enough of him so I went home, emailed him explaining what I was looking for and within a couple of hours he replied! He asked me for pictures which I duly sent. In his opinion he believed I would benefit from a neck and lower face lift plus upper and lower bleph. It didn't take me long to decide to go ahead with it as I hated looking at my droopy neck and hideous jowls - I looked like Deputy Dowg!
So, to cut a long story short, my husband and I flew to Bangkok last Wednesday, I met the fab Dr Poomee on the Thursday (decided against the upper bleph, purely out of fear, but kicking myself now!), had an ECG, blood tests and a chest X-Ray, paid my money and had the operation at 7am, Friday 8th July. Words cannot describe how much I love my neck and the exhilaration at discovering that I do actually have a chin and jaw which if I'm being honest I hadn't actually seen since 1998!
I cannot recommend Dr Poomee highly enough, I've had little to no bruising and haven't taken pain killers for 4 days. Did I mention that I love Dr Poomee?
I'm having my stitches out tomorrow and fly home the next day.
In all seriousness, I had many sleepless nights trying to justify spending so much money on myself, especially for a procedure that wasn't necessary but about how I saw myself but, you know what, I'm so glad I did! ????

Lower face and neck lift

It is with much regret I am writing such a disappointing update. 8 months after my surgery, my face and neck look no different to how it was before I had the lift. Dr Poomee agreed to a revision but said he can't guarantee he can improve it. I don't want to go through more expense, plus another general anesthetic if that's the best he can offer. I have absolutely zero confidence in this man which is so disappointing after my rave review of him initially.

8 months after surgery.

Dr Anorn Poomee

Dr Poomee was highly recommended to me and after googling him, I decided that he was the one for me as he always replied to my questions promptly and personally. After the surgery everything looked great apart from two pouches underneath my neck. Dr Poomee assured me that they would settle and the skin would reattach itself to my neck, which of course wasn't the case. My face looks exactly like it did before the surgery; loose skin and jowls. He agreed to a revision but stated he 'could only do his best and there wasn't any guarantees that he could make it better', which obviously doesn't instill confidence in me. I would still have to pay for 2 nights in hospital, anesthetist fees, plus flights to Thailand, as well as the trauma of another general anesthetic. I requested a refund which was refused, and he is now ignoring my emails. I would not recommend this surgeon.