5th Day and Going Strong- Pleasantry Surprised.

I had my Orber inserted on August 2nd and besides...

I had my Orber inserted on August 2nd and besides some nausea and pain the stomach area, I've had no problems. Very pleasantly surprised as I was prepared for the very worst. I read many blogs and it appears that almost 90% of patients have a rough time during the first 5-7. My MD prescribed 7 different medications for me (sedative, 2 kinds of anti-nausea, 1 kind of anti-vomiting, 1 sleep aid, 1 pain killer and a reflux RX. Maybe I'm the exception or my Dr. prescribed the 'right' drug cocktail to conbas the symptoms. Next step is waiting to see if weight come off!

Orbera- Day 8

This is day 8 after my Orbera insertion. I went back to work 4 days ago and doing pretty well. The only medication I'm still taking is the anti-nausea but haven't had any vomiting. I dealt with severe constipation over the past week but think I got that sorted out this morning. Starting back on solid foods and roughage will certainly help. I travel for work almost 100% of the time and I'm trying not to go out to dinner w/ my business colleagues as that leads to oversized portions, drinking and sharing of desserts. Just trying to be as disciplined as possible right now and remove any temptations. So far, so good.

Day 14 post-insertion

Finally, my nausea is subsiding and I'm starting to eat 'real' meals. I have very little appetite so it's easy to stick to my low carb and high protein eating plan. Constipation is my battle this week but my Orbera support system advised to drink "Smooth Move' tea and add flax to my diet. I worked out for the 2nd time since insertion and energy level is starting to return. Although the first two weeks were rough, I have no regrets with my decision to use Orbera as my weight loss tool. It's not a magic pill but merely a tool to get you on the right path. I still need to make good choices for my body. Oh by the way.....I've lost 9 lbs. Smile
Dr Charles Proctor