ThermiTight RF - Bryn Mawr, PA

Description from their website- Lumen Tight: We...

Description from their website-
Lumen Tight: We use laser and radio frequency energy to both liquefy and heat the fat and skin around the jowls and neck through a very small nick under the chin. We follow this with taking some of the liquefied fat out depending on the shape of the region.
Quick Facts: it takes 1.5 hrs, is done completely with local numbing like a dentist office visit, with 72hrs of wearing a headband afterwards, no stiches, bruising is mild
I had this done by Dr. Kwak on 09/29/2015. He had me on an antibiotic for a few days before, Bromelain and Arnica. He asks that you stop alcohol, Advil, etc, garlic, Gingko Biloba and Vitamin E, Multi, Fish Oil, etc. I choose to do this for 10 days before since I usually bruise pretty badly. From reading other posts I knew to bring a scarf to cover the head compression garment I was to wear for the first 24 hours. I wore the compression for 48 hours than kept it on for as long as I could over the next 5 days. From other posters suggestions I found a band type (used with CPAC) on Amazon that I continued to wear for another 4 weeks at night.
Drove myself since I did not want to take the nerve medication that was prescribed. That’s how comfortable I am with him! I was injected with a numbing fluid 180cc’s, felt like I was swollen like a chipmunk but no pain (except for initial pinch of the needle). The fat removed was 25-50cc’s total from the jowls.
During the procedure his nurse Gen was checking to see how I was feeling, very thoughtful. I will say it was a strange feeling but no pain. I’ve learned to think of something else so I don’t freak out. I read you can cut down on bruising if you think of food – so I try to do that. When it was all done Gen put a wrap on my similar to what you wear when you have a lower face lift and I was good to go. They wanted me back for a lymphatic massage in 2 weeks and then another in 3 weeks, everything was included in the price. I knew I may have lumps and numbing from other posters and I did. It is nice to have information available before you have this done so you know what to expect.
I did have a good amount of bruising but it went away quickly. I used Trammel ointment and Vitamin K and continued with the Bromelain and Arnica. Plus no alcohol and the other items I was told to avoid before the procedure for 1 week after.
Had a wonderful experience with Dr. Kwak and his staff would recommend them!

Can Not Believe the Difference – So Worth It!

Forgot to give a title! When I was doing the review looking back I realized what a nice change this was...

More Photos Few Months Before

Realized I do not have many selfies showing most of my neck or from the side.

Day of Treatment - Photos At Home and Dr Office

Did take photos before I left for the Dr. office. The last 2 are where the Dr. marked before I was given the numbing fluid.

Photos For Several Days After

I wanted to show the incision - It wasn't that bad and has healed well. I had great results with healing and bruising because I followed what the Dr suggested.
Plus I know my body and I bruise, I have certain supplements, Multi-Vit, Fish Oil, Q-10, E, aspirin, Advil, etc. I stay away from alcohol for 10- 14 days before I get filler, Botox, any surgery so I heal faster.
I start 5 - 7 days before taking Traumeel(arnica), Chewable Bromelain , Quercetin + C. I also make sure I keep my water intake up.

Experience After

I had numbing the the area for a few weeks - felt strange but not a deal breaker for me. One spot on my right slightly off center stayed numb for 8-10 weeks but it's gone now. I did have lumps as other poster mentioned - knowing before had helped. Went for the first massage included in the cost at the doctor's. Don't remember her name but she gave me great suggestions for how to do it at home for myself. Had one more visit a week later and continued on my own. I have done lymphatic massage on my face and neck for years - it does help. Lots of good material out on the internet via video or posts.
Andrew Kwak, MD

Went to an open house in 2014. Felt very comfortable with Dr. Kwak and his quiet manner when he answered any questions. Had Cool-sculpting with one of his assistants and was extremely happy with the outcome. Did some research and saw Dr. Kwak uses the Cannula for filler I was looking for that for tear trough since I am a major bruiser. He did a fantastic job!