47 Year Old, 5'3 140lbs - Weight Loss 70lbs. Brookline, MA

So I am finally doing this! After losing 70lbs...

So I am finally doing this! After losing 70lbs over the past 2 years and realizing how deflated my breasts got I am getting it done, breast Augmentation with lift. Currently I am scheduled for 350cc each breast, silicone gel Mentor implants. I do have a size difference but PS is going to even out and remove a small amount of breast tissue from the bigger one to be able to implant same size volume in each. I am now thinking I might want to go just a bit bigger with size and know that with a lift, the risk is greater the bigger you go. I am only thinking another 50cc max so to 400cc. I just fear that if I am questioning this now and have the 350cc put in, I might wish later I went a little bigger. Plan on discussing with PS during pre-op appointment. Will update you all as I get closer to surgery day.

2 weeks and counting

So, Thursday I pay for my surgery. I'm starting to get nervous. Surgery is scheduled for 8/13. Am including before photo and will take more. This site has been so helpful to me and u want to give back and help others during their journey.

Pre Op appt coming up 8/6

Not sure what to expect. Will finalize size but will I get a list of items to help with recovery? Does anyone have suggestions on things I should get to keep me comfortable?

6 days and counting

Had Pre-Op yesterday. Chose Mentor Smooth Round 405cc Moderate. Picked up meds and supplies. Thank you to all who have helped so much in this site!!! I purchased the following supplies:
4 Gel cold packs
Bendy staws
Neck pillow
Wedge pillow
Antibacterial liquid soap

If I'm missing anything please let me know.

48hrs to surgery

Time is getting close so u wanted to post some pre hate my boobs photos so I can show off the after photos once I have the new girls in place.

Done!!

Wow, just got home from surgery and I feel good. A little pain and discomfort but generally feel good. Arrived at 645am for 730 surgery and woke up at 1030 and in car heading home by 1130. Everyone was great and took great care of me. More to follow.

Feeling ok

So 24hrs post I feel good. Hope to get off Oxy today and just use the Tylenol.

Went out today

So I decided to venture outside today. Have been going a little stir crazy and got better sleep through the night. I had my husband drive me to see some friends at an event. I stayed for about 3hrs and did really well. As he started to drive me home I felt like I hit a wall. Got tired quickly. Came home, got undressed, back in bed and slept for almost 4 hrs. Good news is pain is about gone. Still feel very tight but no Oxys today and Tylenol at 8am and it's 4pm now so that's good.

Day 4

Update for day 4 post op. I got up around 7am and stayed up and out if the bed for over 12hrs. Felt great. No pain meds needed at all. Occasional pain reminders of the surgery would hit but all very tolerable. Hope to return to work tomorrow and stick it out as long as I can in the office.

Can't believe it's been a week today!

So, 1 week post surgery already. Time went by so fast. I'm back to work full time (I manage an office so mostly a desk job). Also back to training my dog (I compete with her). But still taking it a little slow and not moving to fast. Still sleeping on my back which I've gotten comfortable with. Very little Tylenol each day. Pain still comes occasional as sharp reminders but passed quickly. I am a little concerned with rippling I feel I have noticed but it may be way early to determine as they continue to settle. Don't see Dr until next Tuesday for post op appt so I will just relax and wait to see him.

Loving them!

Ok so tonight I changed the sports bra to was it and put on a new one I bought. My god I love the new me!!

Post-Op appointment

Today I had my first follow up appt. It went great. Dr Tantillo said they are healing nicely and I should be happy with end result. Took tape off, took a couple of stitches out and retaped. Back again in 5 weeks.

Forgot photo

3 weeks

So it's been just over 3 weeks and I feel great. Tape finally off and starting to use scar cream. I do get a few pains here and there. Scars still numb. Can feel right nipple, left not so much but the left Dr took tissue out to make same size so I expect that one to take s little longer. All and all, feel good!!

4 weeks Post Op

I am feeling great! Muscles pain completely gone and all tape is off and stitches are healing nicely. I do have feeling and some sensitivity in my nipples and I do find that late in the day I need to free the girls from the bra I’m wearing. I’m able to sleep on either side now and I think could even pull off sleeping on my stomach but just don’t want to risk it yet. Have not done any exercise other than some walking and I really need to start back up. I had gained 5 pounds from the surgery which seemed good compared to other stories I’ve heard. But I don’t feel like I’ve taken any of it off at all. The conversion for the implants equates to 1.7lbs so I know that of the 5lbs, only 3.3lbs was fluid gain. Plan over the next week is to really start back at the gym on elliptical!!!

Update just over 5 weeks

Well, all is going great. Working out. Housework without any muscle pain at all. Only issue I'm having is right areola is puffy and gets sore. When I touch it and run it, swelling goes down and its normal again. Read a little about this and it sounds normal up to 3 months post. I do see Dr for follow up in a couple of weeks so I may wait till then to ask.

6 week post

Still very happy

5 months post

Wanted to share photo 5 months post. Love them still and feels like I've had them forever now. VS measured me at as a 34DDD which is shocking!!

1 year later

So, I am about one week away from my 1 year boob job anniversary. I couldn't be happier. Best thing I have ever done for myself. Still love them. Wanted to share a couple of photos.
Boston Plastic Surgeon

Appointment with PS went well, very comfortable with him and his staff. Everyone so far has been very supportive and nice. Day of surgery Dr called me personally at about 930 at night to check in on me. Nurses were so nice and helpful. Everyone is great.