Cool Sculpting? - Brookfield, WI

Brookfield Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 14 reviews
Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I just completed by first cool sculpting procedure...

I just completed by first cool sculpting procedure on my bra fat and upper arms. The procedure wasn't too painful. I'm bruised, so try not to take any blood thinners beforehand. I'm currently regretting my Advil dose last night. I'll post pictures tonight and do updates on my progress. Overall I'm hoping for sleeker arms and a more toned, less fat rolled, back! Wish me luck!

40+ female who has hated her arms since 25 and back fat since giving birth!

I had cool sculpting done yesterday on my upper arms (dreadful tricep area) and back (more dreadful bra strap fat). The procedure went well and the nurse practitioner who saw me through the process was nothing short of 100% wonderful. I didn't find it painful, just really an odd sensation. Today, one day post procedure, I am quite uncomfortable. I had trouble sleeping last  because I couldn't get comfortable. I am massaging the areas 2x daily to help loosen the dead fat cells, which was the recommendation of the clinic-this is very VERY uncomfortable at this stage but I am trying to muscle through it because it's said to produce better overall results. I am bruised and swollen and the areas that were frozen feel numb to light touch, while also feeling very hard and solid and there is the sensation of deep bruising. I am hoping the numbness begins to wear off soon and that the swelling/lumpiness subsides because it'll be hard to monitor my results. I chose this clinic because it's professional and I trust the staff there 100%. I appreciate that they take the approach of improving "the total body image" because making any one area smaller or more slim might not look right and sometimes we can't see the whole picture. I went in for my tummy and so appreciated the honesty at my consult when I was told that my tummy is more of a lipo situation and that I wouldn't be happy with the results if I proceeded with that area....so arms and bra fat it was. Because they were honest I feel as though I'll have good results with the areas I had done because I truly don't think they'd do it if I wasn't a clear candidate.  I chose this procedure over other more invasive options because I like that there isn't much down time to the recovery...yet, yesterday and today I've been extremely cautious ( afraid to bump into anything etc)  and don't feel like a run on the treadmill will be comfortable. Doable, yes. Comfortable? NO! Stay tuned for updates and pictures! I am hopeful!

Day 4~

Well it's day 4 and I am still very bruised and numb. The numbness seems to be wearing off s l o w l y and my husband thinks I look less swollen. Note: he had his love handles done one day prior to my procedure and he's very swollen on one side, not the other. He had no bruising, yet, he is experiencing the same numbness. He's running on the treadmill but he does say that swollen side feels like something heavy is flopping around. Humph. We keep doing our tissue massaging to break down the dead fat. Drinking loads of water. Eating healthy. Onward...

Left Arm night of procedure

You can see the swelling has already set in- i'm even trying to flex to show less sag :(

Left arm relaxed

Cool sculpting bruising morning after procedure

You can see the bruising and the swelling

Right arm night of procedure

I am flexing but once again you can still see the swelling under the arm

Right arm relaxed, night of procedure

One Week Post-procedure

Really not too much to update yet. Bruising is fading, numbness is subsiding too but it's still very present. There is still deep bruise like pain as well but it's totally tolerable....really only bothers me if I am massaging the areas that were treated. I think I'm still swollen and don't notice any visible results at all so I'll hold off on photos until week two! Eating right and working out so I'm doing everything possible to maximize my results.

note: my husband i one week and one day post and still considerable swollen on one side as well and is feeling the same sensations that I am feeling.

2 weeks 6 days post update

I think I'm looking better, definitely have more slack on left side. Not sure if I'm still swollen. Numbness is pretty much gone, but I can still feel the deep bruise like pain if someone grabs my arm or if I bump into anything. I don't think I've seen much change since my last update post, which didn't include photos. See below!

2 weeks six days post, upper bra fat*

Not seeing much difference here but my bras are fitting me differently and there's a tad less hang over (top of the strap). I had my lower bra fat done one 5 days ago so I'm still swollen from that (roll is more pronounced). Ugh. I did notice far less pain and swelling in the lower bra area- I hope that's not an indication a poor overall results? Numbness is gone from that area as well! ??!

6 week post

I went in for my upper bra fat (stage 2) and lower flanks and lower bra fat (stage 1) last week. I didn't feel nearly as uncomfortable this time around which makes me wonder if I am going to see any result. I don't have post cycle 1 photos because the results were fairly unremarkable after just once cycle to those areas. I am going in friday for the second cycle to my upper arms. Post first cycle, after six weeks of working out the arms 3-4 times per week, I had my 6 week post consult and lost 1/4 inch on my right arm and 1/2 inch on the left.

Photo update

Post pic update

After photos of one stage or cycle to upper arms. Photos taken 5/3/17, procedure done 3/13/17

2nd treatment to upper arms

I had my second arm treatment done on Friday. Way less pain and bruising this time. The person who performed the procedure, Alex, was great on every level and was even artistic in her markings and placement of the device~which I really appreciated. She took the time to study and evaluate the contours of my arms before the procedure. This hasn't been happened every time (I've now been there for a total of 8 cycles) and I really appreciated the extra efforts:) That said, perhaps more of an artful eye is necessary when dealing with second stages to an already treated area?

Note my husband finally started seeing results to his right side only, after almost 8 weeks! He is very lopsided right now. He had right and left flanks treated, as well as his lower abdominal. His left side has been very stubborn.

I will leave my final arm review in July and my final back/plank review in June. Worth it or not?
We still don't know!

I saw Lindsay and she was wonderful! If this procedure doesn't work it's no reflection on Lindsay! She was attentive and professional and made me feel as comfortable as possible.