Seroma Treatment - Bromsgrove, GB

Has anyone had to have a seroma drained with a...

Has anyone had to have a seroma drained with a syringe? I went for my two week check up and the nurse recognised that what I thought was swelling was not quite right and got a surgeon to have a look. Straight away he said the swelling was a seroma and I should be admitted for surgery and although rather alarmed that I was going to be opened up again went with it. However, whilst waiting for surgery, another surgeon who I knew from my breat reduction some years earlier came in and said he thought that expiration with a syringe should be tried and of course I agreed as if surgery could be avoided that fits with me! Anyway, after 370 cc of bloody fluid later my tummy looked like it had lost 10lb and I was a lot more comfortable and after a blood test which was fine I was sent home with double dose antibiotics which. I am being really good as one of the reasons for a seroma is overdoing it but I think I need more as I lost fluid from my belly button today after a bit of straining on the loo!! I have an appointment tomorrow and will update! Has anyone else gone through this?

Haematoma treated

Day 33 I went back into hospital to have what was thought to be swelling and a seroma investigated and turned out to be a large haematoma! This was after two weeks of syringing bloody fluid from my tummy! Well, thank goodness it was a massive improvement and I am happy to have a drain for four days because my tummy now looks great although still a bit of swelling! I will put pic on when drain comes out! The haematoma was a hard mass above the wound so keep an eye out for this when looking at swellings post surgery!!
London Plastic Surgeon