39 Year Old mum, implants since age 15 (24 yr old silicone), implant removal, No Lift, Previous Pectus Excavatum. Brisbane, AU

I live in Brisbane, Australia. I considered...

I live in Brisbane, Australia. I considered various plastic surgeons, Dr Feng, Dr G (San Diego); Dr Mirishonic (Sydney) and by strange chance ended up in a consult with Dr Samuel Yang (Brisbane) and I decided to go with him.
At age 14 I had extensive surgery to correct pectus excavatum (chest dent). Age 15/16 I had silicone implants ('eurosilocone), moderate profile,inserted under the muscle. I have never actually seen my 'real breasts'. As I had them insert so young, and when I was so thin means that the scar capsule is likely attached to my chest wall. I have had severe health issues for the past 4 years, and signs of illness for many years before that. This has included, extreme weight gain, joint pain, food allergies, migraines, and most sibilating of all the most horrible fatigue. Sometimes the fatigue is overwhelming and I have, overtime, designed my life around hiding it from others. MRI attached, it confirms what I suspected, ruptured implants. I am only posting as this site has been so helpful for me. Thank you to everyone who has posted before me.

Less than 2 weeks to go until I am free of these toxic silicone implants!!

I am so excited. I think I will probably need a lift further down the track, but for now I am keen to just get free of these implants. They hurt and have made me sick. The fatigue and brain fog are the worst.
I chose this name and this profile photo as that is what I envisage for my future. Fingers crossed.

I'm sure the left is fully ruptured. Less than 2 weeks to go!!

Recently I had two strange events that I believe indicate changes to my left implant. It was ruptured 3 years ago, during a surfing lesson that I had won, but it was intra capsular (within the capsule) and I was advised it would be safe to leave a while.
As I was in the middle of completing my dissertation and financially broke after 8 years of study, I had little choice but to wait. After that I was starting up my business and trying to pay off debts, and it’s as they say “the crazy people who would rather work 100 hours a week for themselves instead of a 40 hour week for others”. So time was really limited and despite a nagging anxiety, I tried to keep the ruptured left implant out of my mind. I did plan to have them removed in 2016 though.
The first strange event occurred in July (2015) when I took my daughter to meet her extended family in Europe. Any trip from Australia is a mission – travelling to Europe means two loooong haul flights back to back (24 hours door to door). On the second flight I had this weird sensation, sort of like a thin line of warm oil running down my body – from the bottom of my left breast down to just above my waist. I sat in that flight – an overnight flight - secretly panicked while everyone slept. It lasted about 5 minutes, but left me feeling spooked. I put it out my mind during the trip. When I returned home to Aus I was very sick for months, and I thought it was probably due to brushing my teeth in Bangkok (and using tap water… argh!!). Now I wonder if it wasn’t something a little more sinister.
The second strange event was on 19 December. I had a spinal alignment with my regular Oestopath, after a side twist I felt strange, by the time I was paying the bill, he commented that I looked grey. That night I slept at 6.30pm (hours before my daughter). Next morning, I woke with a burning pain, it felt like an actual fire was burning in the outer edge of my left implant and soon my armpit was so swollen I couldn’t even type a message on my laptop without having to hold it out like a chicken wing. I felt dreadful. On 23rd Dec I begged my G.P. for an MRI, I was convinced I had a rupture out of the capsule. As it was coming up to Christmas there was only one place still open, an hours drive, but the only appt left was in 50 mins time. I flew down the highway, my left arm out like a chicken wing, and made it just in time. The MRI report suggested it was still a rupture inside the capsule, and my GP said he couldn’t request any urgent intervention. I don’t believe this. I felt so ill for weeks, I spent my whole Christmas holidays collapsed in a heap.
All this said, I am desperate to have these things out. Its still very emotional though as this has brought up all the events that happened when I was 14 and ended up in intensive care with 8 broken ribs and broken sternum after a big operation.
A year later, aged 15, I had the implants put in. As I was stick thin at the time, there was no flesh between implant and my chest wall. My current surgeon said that he may have to leave some of the capsule that is attached to my ribs as trying to cut it out could damage my ribs! Its actually barbaric to think that this is my body I am describing. The implants haven’t dropped in over 20 years and this must be because they are actually attached to the chest wall. They have pushed out the natural breast tissue to the sides, and over the top, and my left breast tissue is practically in my armpit, I also have sagging of the natural breast tissue.
Still, I haven’t had my own breasts ever! When the implants were put in I didn’t have any breast tissue, the surgeon at that time had to try and guess where the inframmamary fold might form. After nearly 25 years I will finally see my real body! This is a huge thing for me..
My left breast seems to have more tissue, which works out great as the chest wall on that side is more sunken in. So all up it might work out well, and almost symmetrical.
It might be an emotional journey for me. Right now I am just focused on being well again. In recent weeks, it has felt as though my body wants to push the left implant out! Its such a weird feeling, has anyone else ever experienced this?? If I eat really unhealthy food the pushing out feeling stops a bit.. so weird..
The left breast is also getting smaller. It was always 1 -2 sizes bigger than the right, now when I look down they look the same size! I am convinced it’s leaking. All I can do is wait for next week Friday!! Freedom is just around the corner.

Before pics..

Feeling scared! Freaking out..

Suddenly feeling overwhelmed with fear! I’m scared the results will be bad, but mostly I am scared of dying! I know that must sound really over dramatic for a procedure that is likely to take 1-2hours, but I think its based on my previous surgery. When I was 14 and undergoing 8 hours of rib and sternum surgery my heart stopped. The upper part of my breast bone was broken during resuscitation. I woke up from the aneastetic feeling as though I was fighting for my life. I asked the surgeon if something happened and he denied it, but I finally got answers from one of the surgical nurses. So now my mind strongly associates operations with life and death experiences...and my mind is freaking out!!
I am the only parent to my 10 year old daughter and if anything happens to me, she could live with my parents, my Mum is great, so that is a small comfort. This is the reason I have delayed doing this for so long, well this and financial reasons, but mostly this.
Now I am also getting nervous about the PS. He seemed very confident and not in an over the top way. But he admitted that he has only ever done two explants, as most women come in for a replacement. When I look at my MRI, I worry the tissue could heal in one of two ways, either all the flesh adheres down to the chest wall (ideal) or it adheres to itself, so that the sides come together – I could get a funnel shaped breast! Ok I am definitely working myself into a frenzy now....
I just have to concentrate on the fact that this stuff needs to come out of my body, that in plastic surgery terms it’s a relatively straight forward procedure, that my PS is competent. That I have many more years of life in me! That this is the route to getting my health back, which will mean I can be an even better Mum, and start living my life!

List of symptoms associated with implant illness.

I just saw a post where symptoms associated with implant illness was mentioned. I looked it up and I am stunned going through the list. I have so many of them.

FATIGUE OR CHRONIC FATIGUE (daily)
COGNITIVE DYSFUNCTION (BRAIN FOG, DIFFICULTY CONCENTRATING, MEMORY LOSS) (daily)
MUSCLE PAIN AND WEAKNESS, JOINT PAIN (often)
HAIR LOSS, DRY SKIN AND HAIR (hairloss)
POOR SLEEP AND INSOMNIA (poor sleep)
DRY EYES, DECLINE IN VISION, VISION DISTURBANCES (dry eyes and blurred vision)
HYPO/HYPER THYROID SYMPTOMS (excessive weight gain – 27kg in past 4 years)
HYPO/HYPER ADRENAL SYMPTOMS (feeling stressed and tired)
ESTROGEN/PROGESTERONE IMBALANCE OR DIMINISHING HORMONES (diminished periods)
SLOW HEALING OF CUTS AND SCRAPES, EASY BRUISING (easy bruising)
THROAT CLEARING, COUGH, DIFFICULTY SWALLOWING, CHOKING, REFLUX (constant cough for past 4 or 5 years)
VERTIGO (had this a few months ago, but put it down to flying with ear infection)
GASTROINTESTINAL AND DIGESTIVE ISSUES (yes)
FEVERS, NIGHT SWEATS, INTOLERANT TO HEAT (Fevers, Night sweats, intolerant to heat (I don’t have this one – luckily – as its already hot as hell in Queensland)
NEW AND PERSISTENT BACTERIAL AND VIRAL INFECTIONS
SLOW CLEARING OF COMMON COLDS AND FLUES (getting colds and flu for first time in my life as of a few years ago – never contracted them before)
FUNGAL INFECTIONS, YEAST INFECTIONS, CANDIDA, SINUS INFECTIONS (sinus problems)
SKIN RASHES (itchy patches on calf sometimes)
EAR RINGING (yes)
SUDDEN FOOD INTOLERANCE AND ALLERGIES (food intolerance to all the night shade plants developed in past 10 years)
HEADACHES (no more than usual)
SLOW MUSCLE RECOVERY AFTER ACTIVITY (have to take lots of magnesium)
HEART PALPITATIONS, CHANGES IN NORMAL HEART RATE OR HEART PAIN (almost constant )
SORE AND ACHING JOINTS OF SHOULDERS, HIPS, BACKBONE, HANDS AND FEET (problems with my hip, shoulders and back)
SWOLLEN AND TENDER LYMPH NODES IN BREAST AREA, UNDERARM, THROAT, NECK, GROIN (swollen under left arm-pit)
BOUTS OF DEHYDRATION FOR NO REASON (always dehydrated)
FREQUENT URINATION (don’t have this)
NUMBNESS/TINGLING SENSATIONS IN UPPER AND LOWER LIMBS (don’t have this)
COLD AND DISCOLORED LIMBS, HANDS AND FEET (haven’t noticed this)
GENERAL CHEST DISCOMFORT SHORTNESS OF BREATH (started using an asthma pump several years ago)
PAIN AND OR BURNING SENSATION AROUND IMPLANT AND OR UNDERARM (often)
LIVER AND KIDNEY DYSFUNCTION (I had hundreds of kidney stones detected about 2 years ago)
CRAMPING (occasionally)
TOXIC SHOCK SYMPTOMS (feel feverish and unwell sometimes, but not actual toxic shock I don’t think)
ANXIETY, DEPRESSION AND PANIC ATTACKS (low level of anxious feelings)
SYMPTOMS OF OR DIAGNOSIS OF FIBROMYALGIA (extreme fatigue and weakness)
SYMPTOMS OF OR DIAGNOSIS OF LYME DISEASE (again some symptoms in terms of the fatigue and weakness)
SYMPTOMS OF OR DIAGNOSIS OF AUTO-IMMUNE DISEASES SUCH AS; RAYNAUD’S SYNDROME, HASHIMOTO’S THYROIDITIS, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, SCLERODERMA, LUPUS, NONSPECIFIC CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISEASE, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS (not this, which is a big relief)
SYMPTOMS OF OR DIAGNOSIS OF ALCL LYMPHOMA (not this)

Not long until the surgery... and still not telling anyone

I think I might tell close friends about my experience with implants about 6 month to a year after I have healed and once I am back to my healthy slimmer body (I have gained 27kgs in recent years - and 3kgs just in the last month)..

One of my friends looks like she definitely has implants, and she has had so much trouble with her should joint. I have to bite my tongue because I think there is some possibility that it could be associated with her implants. But I won't say anything. When I am ready though I will tell her of my own experience.

Another friend-of-a-friend has been totally open about her implants, she even joked at the school sausage sizzle (bbq) that she couldn't volunteer for the bbqing role as she couldn't risk melting her new assets! I have noticed that since she had her implants, she has gained considerable weight and had ongoing issues with her joints - even required knee surgery. I realise it might not be related, but as it mirrors what happened in my body around the time I have my first intra capsular rupture...it does make me wonder. Oneday I might share my story with her and she can decide whether to investigate further.

Meanwhile its only a few days, I have work for the next 3 days and then on the 4th I am going to the City for the operation. I am just so keen to wake up from surgery alive. All the rest - all the fears about muscle damage, scaring adhering in funny places - those concerns can be for later:) JUST WAKE UP ALIVE!! eek...

I won't be able to see my daughter for 2 days as I will only return home on the Sunday. I will phone her though.

Yay! Its over. No more breathing issues, no more joint pain.

I have just returned from hospital. I ended up having to stay for 5 nights. I was totally expecting to leave after one night, but the capsules were totally attached to my ribs and there was a lot of bleeding and draining afterward. Also, I was 2.5hours from home so it was easier to stay.

The left implant was not only ruptured, but there was not even any remaining shell of the actual implant, not even pieces of it. The surgeon said it was just silicon gel (liquid as my implants were circa early 1990's), which was only barely held in place by a thin scar capsule. He said it broke immediately. He was able to totally remove the left capsule scar, and partially the right. The right implant was still intact and he estimated it was only about a 260cc. It looks grey in the photo - perhaps its mould?

I have not had to use my asthma pump even once! I have been able to eat foods I was previously allergic too, I have zero joint pain! And the part I am just loving so much - I have no more brain fog!! I also lost 1kg!! (500gms of which was silicone).

More photos post explant

Recovery time

hi, It is now about 13 days post op. I was wondering if anyone had pain radiating to there back (directly in line with the breast), its so sore and even possibly swollen. I also think I might have a bit of fluid gathering in my right breast - funnily enough I though all complications would have been in the left one as that had the liquid silicone, but my right breast has suddenly increased in size and feels a bit 'loose'..
I still have to pinch myself to believe I am through this and on the road to recovery. Its still such a relief. I think once I am at my goal weight I will be a full B cup, which I think will be great.
Anyway, if anyone else had that experience of the pain being somehow in the back (sort of right behind the breast) I'd be keen to hear more about it.
I am suppose to attend a post op appt tomorrow, but with traffic its a 2.5 hour drive to get to Brisbane for a morning appt. So I am still deciding. If my right breast continues to increase in size I will definitely go..
Also how long should I keep the scars/stitches from getting wet? I;m looking forward to going for a swim in the ocean - quickly get that in before this long summer ends.

Better symmetry since explant.

I'm so pleased because I seem to be more equally sized in my natural form. I grew so used to seeing my left breast being up to 2 sizes bigger, and now I think they are the same size. Its really exciting. Wish I had been in a position to explant years and years ago!
I wasn't able to drive down to Brisbane today as I had too much on, I am still trying to catch up things in my business - I missed a lot of time being in hospital a lot longer than I had planned. My stitches feel as though they are pulling a bit - its a bit sore around that area and a bit raised and swollen..
I am just dreaming of a swim in ocean - I can't wait to swim. I tried on bikini tops and I look so natural in them, before it was quite obvious, as there was a line of the implant showing on the right side. I don't have much in the way of pec muscles, so it really showed the implant edge at times. I will post pics soon - my tummy has swollen out so much I look about 8 months pregnant. I think my body is adjusting and, well anyway, I am hoping its temporary.. Did anyone else have a big tummy after?

15 days post op

I just took a photo. Its so exciting for me to have ended up with better breasts than I had before. To know these are mine and that actually they were naturally more symmetrical all along. For some stupid reason the original PS had inserted a bigger implant into the left side. Now that they are out, I have better symmetry, also without the additional weight, they have lifted a little bit, so I won't need a lift. Just so grateful.. They still look weird from the side (as I don't have pec muscles), but all up I am very happy and relieved.

What ever happened to RobinRedBreast from Brisbane?

Does anyone know how to look up and search members. I was looking for surgeons around the same time as RobinRedBreast, and so I was following her experience/story. I am sure her operation was scheduled for March, and I am just curious to see how things went for her. But i can't work out how to search for a member - does anyone know how?

Beautiful breasts getting ruined everyday!

My newsfeed has gone a little haywire over the past 2 days. I have been seeing posts from lots of breast augmenters but initially (just when displayed) they have the names of some of the woman I am following from the explant forum. So today I ended up on a page of a 27 year old, with the most beautiful breasts who has just spoiled them with horrible totally oversized implants, that have rippled and and very nearly gave her a uni-boob in the early stages.
I never got to have a nice natural chest - until my recent explant. So I feel so sad that these women born with these perfect chests and breasts don't realise how lucky they are in their natural form. I know everyone has to go on their journey, but I just hope that soon there will be less women doing this to themselves. Culturally, small perky breasts are in fashion! How bizarre that body shapes have fashions...but anyway...
I just felt so said reading the review of that girl.
Dr Samuel Yang

I am very happy that I had the surgery undertaken by Dr Sam Yang, of Brisbane, Australia. I think he did a very good job, his fees were very reasonable, and I felt I could trust him. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering implant removal. http://www.drsamuelyang.com.au