Confident and Free - Brisbane, Australia

If you have acne scars you will understand my...

If you have acne scars you will understand my story. If you don't you never will. There is a certain psyche to people who suffer from acne scarring, and for outsiders they will never understand how it can affect your confidence and impact your life- friends, family and work. Removing them was one of the best decisions of my life. My ethnic origin is half Asian, this is a minus as high or powerful lasers like co2 can ruin your skin - often making things darker or even worse permanently white. My Specialists turned me down and placed me in the 'too hard' basket.
It took me awhile to find Dr Lim, and to be honest, the first consult wasn't all that awe inspiring. He does not mince words and said honestly it will be a long journey and there are risks - not exactly things you want to hear. But looking back, I do appreciate his honesty. The journey took several months and involved some TCA CROSS and at the end full resurfacing. The next 9 days was difficult, and yes, I did go brown as Dr told me I would - given my heritage. But the results were worth all the downsides. Am I more confident now? Absolutely. I don't think about my scars anymore, and I thank Dr Lim and his team. If you are in bout about his expertise or how he comes across with his patients, youtube him and research all the doctors your can before choosing one to work on our face. I am glad I made the correct decision.
Brisbane Dermatologist