21 Year Old with Fibroadenomas

Ups and downs but at the end completely worth it....

Ups and downs but at the end completely worth it. The scar did split along the T line on my right side however it eventually healed. Patience is key when things like this happen. I did have to change the dressing once to twice a day. I did not have any drain or bra Post-op. Honestly the feeling of smaller breast is just amazing. Everything went smoothly thankfully. I wasn't even stressed out or nervous the day of the operation which was a first for me. But i knew i was in good hands. One of the reasons i did this procedure was that i did have a couple lumps in my breast and one was about 7 cm and really bothering me, thankfully they were only fibroadenomas but i would rather remove them than keep them in there obviously. So surgery was a bit longer than normally. I only took pain meds maybe for 3 days as well as antibiotics. What bothered me the most was the nausea i got from the pain meds more than the feeling of my breasts after suregery. I didnt have pain, it was mostly discomfort as it was hard for me to sleep on my back for a while and being slouchy for a couple days. Other than that, you just have to tell yourself you are doing good and you will eventually heal quickly. The first week or two or so, can't remember precisely, i had bandages that were collecting the serum from my breasts and only the doctor changed them for me. Also, because my T scar opened after week 2 or 3, i checked up with the doctor every week to make sure it was healing well. I did also develop an irritation to the tape so i only used saline solution and sterile gauze on my open area to keep it moist and hydrated in order to heal quicker, dont use anything else if this happens to you. Betadine will kill the new cells and wont heal your wound properely.
My last advice is to BE CAREFUL ON THE ROAD AND THE BUMPS. Honestly find someone patient to drive you to the doctors appointements or anywhere. Trust me, it is the most annoying part. If you can, just stay home honestly and limit movement, yes walk and hydrate well but dont go crazy. These are long scars and it takes time to heal.
Overall, it was worth it!
Oh and i went from an F (european) to a C cup. (There will be swelling the first couple weeks, so they may look bigger than they should be, don't go buying to many bras too, i got 3 just in case of leakage and stuff, one of them was a D cup and now its too big for me. Wait on the 6 week mark to make sure of your real breast size.)
Dr. M