Breast Reconstruction Left Me Feeling More Busted

20 Nov 2016
Updated

1 day ago

Breast Reconstruction Left Me Feeling More Busted

Breast Reconstruction Is a much more lengthy process than I was lead to believe. While not every aspect of my care was horrible, there were frequent breakdowns in communication between Dr. Lawrence, his staff and myself. They didn't like my questions, as I was told I often asked too many. While Dr. Lawrence does have the ability to provide high level care, he isn't always consistent. I wasn't even aware there was a book of before and afters. One staff member said "you have to ask for it in order to see it." Problem is, if you don't know it exists, it's hard to ask to see it. That is something all plastic and reconstructive surgeons should offer to let you see. Dr. Lawrence is quite likeable, but if you want someone who is in it for the long haul if you happen to have complications, you better have a great support system in place. Sadly, my experience with him and his staff has left me feeling more broken and busted than reconstructed. He still hasn't finished the job & it's been more than a year.