Breast lift after explant

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Breast lift after explant

I had my breast implants removed 6 months ago, and while my skin did retract remarkably I still have too much skin for my size and some significant asymmetry . I researched Real self stories and reviews, healthgrades, vitals and sought multiple consults for this procedure. Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez assessment of what to do and how to do it were laid out to me very thoughtfully, technically and my input was heard. He has spent two visits with me - a total of 2.5 hours answering questions and explaining the whole procedure. I have the highest level of confidence in him as my doctor. I wish I had found him sooner.

Oit of surgery!

Everything went so well today. I feel like I was in the best hands. The surgery center staff was great. 3.5 hour surgery and doc said everything went well. I'm having some waffles and snuggling back up in bed. No peeking until next Thursday!

First look

So I was having some drain issues and went in to see the Dr. Today. He removed the drain and I got to see the girls

I almost wanted to cry! Even though we had a nipple circulation scare they look way better than I would have imagined. They're so tiny and high. I went in such a saggy uneven mess - and bus reconstruction work is unreal. I'm thrilled and can't wait to heal in the coming weeks /months. I'm a happy girl! I can't wait to shower!!

I'll post pics later in the week!

Before and 72 hours after

6 days later

Not much has changed other than some mild bruising is settling in and NY nipples are no longer blue! Whew! I never thought I'd have to write that sentence. They're alive (in my best dr Frankenstein voice).
My incisions are covered in a glue and they're beginning to peel a bit with showers.

Still no pain. I'm just itchy now, and especially so when I take my sports bra off to shower. Ibuprofen seems to help with the itchies.

My brain is still a tiny foggy from the anesthesia and the meds. How do I know? Too many things are funny only to me. (True story).

I am in awe of the work my PS did. I had zero shape before. Well I did but it wasn't dissimilar to what a plastic grocery bag that sat in a puddle of water for a month would have had. I'm not concerned with size other than wanting to be an A cup. It's a glorious feeling for me being tiny.

Hoping for continued smooth healing.

Almost at the two week mark

Flue is almost off my incisions. I think I may have a spitting stitch or two, but otherwise swelling is going down and the feeling is coming back. Nipples are red/pink! Still loving my new shape. I have a post on visit today!

One month

A lot has happened in a few weeks. Incisions healing nicely and everything is softening/settling. I have one wound under the bandaid that's coming along nicely with some honey treatment. All in I am ecstatic with the results. I never imagined my breasts would have this much shape with no implants. Granted I am an A cup, bit that's exactly what I wanted after big heavy breasts for all those years. Tube tops here I come!

Two months

Incisions are healing and flattening nicely. Using Biocorneum cream twice a day religiously. Rarely wear a bra unless I go to the gym. Loving my new size and shape.
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Dr. C sets the standard for remarkable care. Every interaction with him has been impressive. His nurses are wonderful, and the surgery center care was unbelievable. The anesthesiology team, the pre op and post op nurses made me feel comfortable before, during and after surgery. Dr. C really cares. He sets the gold standard. I would give him my highest recommendation- without hesitation. I presented a tough case, yet he far surpassed my expectations. He is the best.