The Cost of Non-disclosure of an Underlying Problem - Branford, CT

I went for a consult with Dr. Goodkind on 12/20/10...

I went for a consult with Dr. Goodkind on 12/20/10 for a revision rhinoplasty consult. Procedure performed on 01/04/11. All seemingly went well. Results were good. After time I noticed changes to my nose, starting turning to one side and looking deformed. I returned to see him on 6/11/2013 and he minimized my concerns by suggesting we try to "take a little off" and it would be covered by my insurance. I found out last year from an ENT that I had a severe C deviated septum - completely obstructing my left side, that Dr. Goodkind was fully aware of in 2010 as per his office notes dated 12/20/2010 - but did NOT disclose to me, causing me chronic infections, bone loss and a now deformed nose. Furthermore, Dr. Goodkind could not provide me with my office notes from 6/11/2013 - blaming their office system getting hacked and also claiming that I had not been back to see him since 2011 - strange, because I was able to produce the EOB from my insurance carrier - Anthem. I made one last attempt to obtain my records in June, even sending photos - but no response. As a result, I am now having a THIRD revision the end of this month. Had it been disclosed to me that I had a "huge deviation of her septum obliterating air flow on the left side of her nose," (his notes verbatim), I would have had that corrected immediately and most likely would NOT be needing another revision. His non-disclosure has caused me a great deal of health issues and now financial issues. I will be sharing my story with the State of CT Dept of Public Health Practitioner Investigations Unit, Yelp and Real Self.
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

The fact that Dr. Goodkind did not disclose an underlying problem and proceeded with the surgery without first getting the problem corrected is inexcusable and contrary to being ethical and "causing no harm." I am paying for it now and encourage anyone who goes to see him to ask to see their records. Once he got paid, I was no longer his problem.