Life Changing - Brandon, FL

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had abdominolplasty on Nov.14,2013 performed by...

I had abdominolplasty on Nov.14,2013 performed by Plastic Surgeon Dr. Anh-Tuan Truong in Brandon, FL
It was outpatient surgery.
My drains came out after 4 days. Healing amazingly well.
Followup with DR is thorough and Im on my way to a speedy recovery.
Incredible work perfomed.

SO Far..................

Before Pic

Before Photos

A Li'l Background

4 years ago I weighed in at 310 pounds.....I decided to change my life. Been 4 1/2 years, Im now at a comfortable 148 pounds. I lost it by the good ol'fashion shut my mouth and get moving! Whata struggle!! But well worth it.
I however could not get rid of that forsaken stomach that plagued me! I thought by running it would go away and it did a little but it was always there and it affected my life beyond words. I decided to have a full tummy tuck and researched it out for a year. In November 14,2014 I changed my life by getting it done finally.
I cannot type into words the relief I feel and the "free" feeling of what I considered literally a ball and chain attached to me.
Ive worked really hard to lose the weight with very little support from others. I did not have a personal trainer or friends to work out with....So I picked up running and I am now a Marathon runner (Praise the Lord) and I am pretty proud of myself.
Having NO self esteem at all for the last 15+ Years to finding some happiness within myself is something I cannot even begin to tell how it feels. My running is everything and being healthy is more so important and I just wanted to share a little of my journey with SO many others who may have gone thru the same thing
It isn't easy. Not when you take the long route of weight loss and having your body "altered" isn't something U just wake up and decide to do but I am SOOOOO very happy I did and look forward to 2014 with a new body, a new outlook and some new found self esteem that frankly, feels pretty darn good! :)

Day 20- A little Bump in the road

So its day 20- I feel good :) However, Im off to the Drs this AM....A little concerned about some drainage Im having and little open incisions- plus Im pretty swollen. Dr Troung & his staff are SOOOO Unbelievably NICE and KIND....I feel like a bother but they are just SO professional and got me right in
So I go off at 2:30 will let you all know how it comes out
**Still Amazed by all this...!!!** Will Also Post NEW Photos 2night!

Much Better

I feel SO much better! I just have to pubically say how wonderful Dr Truong & his staff are at Tampa Bay Surgical Arts in Brandon, FL......I was SO scared about this & he is just SO confident & the nurses are SO assuring- A little infection, taken care of quickly- and I feel great and so much better!! :) Posting NEW Pics Soon...........Until then Im posting a Horrendous BEFORE Photo of how I looked 4 Years ago before this Journey!

Me Now

From my 1st 1/2 Marathon!! I can't believe I finished, LOL!!!

4 YRS AGO at 300Lbs!

1 MONTH Post

So here I am- Dec 14th, Exactly 1 Month
Feeling Great! Go see Dr Troung on Thrusday :)
Posted Some New Pics
Just a wee bummed.............I SOOOO wanna Run Gosh I miss it! Wonder when I'll be able to get back to running!!! :)

Been 2 Months!!! Wow

Cant believe it has been 2 months since the surgery! I feel great!
I started jogging last Monday
Doing about 3 1/2 miles a day.....Not bad. I Had heard so much I was scared to get back but I gotta tell Ya, I feel amazing! Gonna see if I can do 4 1/2 today :)
Got a bit of "burning" sensation tho- my tummy hurts- Ive been told its the muscles healing....Maybe I'm over doing it?? But other than that Im really happy how Im looking!
Got a personal trainer I start seeing on Wed so I STOKED about getting into better shape but being careful as to what exercises I can do & cannot do. Don't want to "hurt" anything......Got 1/2 Marathons coming up so I ***HOPE*** I can do them- I realize I wont hit a personal best but just to be able to finish 13 Miles after this surgery Oh Boy I just wanna finish :)
So I thought I'd update! New pic.....Looks a little funny as Im still wearing the binder & my spanx....So thats why it looks a little odd but I love the feeling of laying down & being able to see & feel hip bone, LOL....Geeky I know but it just amazes me! :)
Hope all is well with everyone else! HUGS!

3 Months Review

So Im updating my review- 3 months post op!
Back to running, YAY!
I have done 3 races since the surgery and I gotta tell you, Whata Difference....Below are photos of me taking 3rd Place Overall Female, 2nd Place Overall Female and Get this- 1ST PLACE FEMALE to cross the finish line at a 5K! Out of approx 90 Women....I really attribute this to my surgery and the confidence to run & just check that out- Im rockin' a 1/2 shirt- Com'on, Ive never done that before, Hehehehe....And Im not carrying all the excess weight around!
Saw Dr Truong today- Liked the way things look, Took pics and I like the way things look!! He's the BEST, the Facility is just SOOO friendly- Seriously, If you are considering some cosmetic Surgery GO Here....You will NOT be disappointed.
Chicago General Surgeon

Dr Troung is a gifted surgeon.I am 16 days post with very little discomfort and back to work and the scaring is healing so fast. His staff is very polite and sincere. Aftercare was GREAT. I am glad to have been his patient for this life changing surgery.