41 Years, 3 Children and Ready to Get my Groove on. Brügge, DE

I have been overweight my entire life, i decided...

I have been overweight my entire life, i decided to get my life back. My very dear friend helped me this entire journey, she got sleeved a year ago and she kept pushing until I got mine.
My experience has been very easy , sometimes I wonder if I actually got sleeved. I had no pain whatsoever. After 2 weeks when I resumed work I felt weak and tired but that has since changed.
The weight doesn't seem to be dropping as quickly as I hoped, I have lost 9kg in 6 weeks , is that ok?
My only fear is not to expand my new tummy, but I don't notice when I am full until it's too late.

Feeling sorry for myself

My progress is really slow, I am so sad. I think my tummy has stretched.
Feeling miserable

Giving more details

I decided to give an account of my own journey. I arrived Brugge for my consultation on Wednesday , I met with the nutritionist , she went straight to point, BMI 43, beginning weight 107.5kg. Afterwards I met with the very handsome Dr Bruno Dilemans, he truly calmed my nerves, he basically said I had nothing to be afraid about. He said I could go ahead and enjoy a nice lunch but nothing again after 8 or 9pm. I totally binged for my last lunch, I had road side meal, fries and burger and some wings. Around midnight I totally panicked because my meal had refused to digest , I was scared stiff.
Thursday morning, I was up bright and early, I was supposed to check in by 7 am
Check in was smooth and I was the first of 5 other scheduled surgeries . The attendant wheeled me to the theatre, when he discovered who my Dr was he said oh you have nothing to fear, Dr Dilemans is the best.
The anesthesia was administered by a Prof, I panicked for a second when they tried placing the mask , next thing I realized I was awake and I remember saying to myself when will they start this surgery, till I felt the BP monitor start to take my readings and I then realized I have been sleeved and yes! I am alive.
I was taken to the recovery room and I slept a lot, next thing I was taken once again to my room and I slept a lot. I had no pains whatsoever, I wondered if I was actually sleeved. The nurses and junior doctors kept checking at intervals but didn't communicate much.
Friday I sat up and didn't use a bed pan I went to the toilet myself , the doctors checked me again, Dr Dilemans came in and said everything went well and I was a strong woman lol! I was given Evan water spray yogurt , took only about 2 -3 spoons and gave up. I left the hospital at about 4pm
Saturday morning the nurse visited and I was given the clear. I was still in no pain at all. I was given the pain medication to take orally and then I got nauseous it was horrid, that was the last time I took the medication since I was in no pain at all.
In all it has been a great experience

Feeling slinky

The pounds are dropping and I am loving myself. Little things like crossings my legs is such a high :) Today's weight is 88kg from 107.5 kg.

Feeling good

I am down to 80kg from 107.5kg and I am very happy. I am thankful for the sleeve, it has been a miracle, I have lost my hair but I would rather be slim with no hair :)
I wake up everyday excited about my new life. I know for sure now that this is a life style change.
My advise, if you fall off the wagon, stand up, dust yourself off and continue, old habits don't die that easy.

9 months review

Hello everyone, I went for my review and here is my report
Start weight 107.6kg
BMI 44
Present weight 80kg
BMI 32.3
My blood work wasn't bad , my doctor was happy with my progress
I am very thankful for this journey and for the miracle and gift of loosing weight and being healthy and happy.
I am pumped to loose more.
Dr Bruno Dillemans

Dr Dilemans was very kind , he calmed my nerves. They however need to improve on their aftercare, it is almost non existent