Breast Lift with Fat Transfer - Boulder, CO

33 year old mom of two boys (7 & 4) hopping to...

33 year old mom of two boys (7 & 4) hopping to get some volume with breast lift combined with Platlet Rich Plasma (PRP) fat transfer. I'm 5'5", 135 lbs and around a 34B in my right and probably an A in my left.

I've never had big boobs by any means but they were ok then I had 2 babies and they became flat with no volume. I enjoy running and want to keep doing it after my surgery as it helped me get back close to my pre-pregnancy size and helps me keep my sanity. During my journey to get my body back as much as possible, I've tried all kinds of things from lots of push-up/upper body workouts to pills that are supposed to temporarily enhance breasts but nothing has worked. There is just nothing to them so they don't change. I really want boobs that can fill a bra or swim suit top but do not want implants. I'd probably just use push up bras but there's nothing to push up in my left boob especially. They fold and look so weird when pushed up. Fat transfer seems like the best permanent option available so I've been watching updates from others on RealSelf to see what the long term results look like.

I finally decided to meet with Dr. Hartley in March. He asked why I wanted fat transfer and we discussed several of my questions and the overall procedure. One of my questions was around breast cancer as my grandmother had breast cancer in the early 80's. He mentioned maybe doing implants instead as they do not impact mammograms but said he'd make his final opinion once he was able to see what he was working with. So he left the room and I put the robe on. When he came back in he had an implant ready to discuss that option if needed however; after his review he said I would be a great candidate for fat transfer (thankfully!) and didn't say another word about implants which I was so happy about as I don't want a foreign object or multiple surgeries. He thinks that with one surgery I will have great results especially if I do a breast lift with it. He said what I really need is a breast lift and that adding some fat would fill my boobs in great.

Between the price and getting both procedures done I really wasn't sure what to do. After a few weeks of thinking about it, sending several more questions to Summer (Dr. Hartley's nurse) and getting my husbands blessing I decided to schedule my surgery for May 5th (today). I figured if I don't do it then I won't stop looking into it and wanting it so I might as well do it, right? I'm super excited and nervous about it. I've never had surgery before and I'm hoping for the best results possible.

I had my surgery today and am home recovering. So far so good. I have minimal pain when moving around. I did end up with drains which sucks but oh well. I'm suck with the drains, the binder and bra with no shower till after my 5 day follow up Wednesday (5/10) morning which I expected minus the drains. Hopefully all goes well!

Day #2

I am feeling pretty good today. Taking my pain pills along with all other prescriptions/vitamins/minerals as prescribed. I've been up moving around some but mainly just taking it easy so my body can heal properly.

Day 5

I saw Dr. Hartley and his nurse Summer this morning for my 5 day follow-up. All is going well and looks great! Summer removed my staples and drains this morning then we put some lose gauze under a clean bra. After the appointment, I came home and shower. I feel so much better now without the drains and now that I'm clean.

One week post op - doing great!

Overall, I feel pretty good. My mid-section hurts when I move sometimes from the lipo for the fat transfer. Still wearing my compression on my mid-section as directed. It feels better supported too. The bruises are looking a lot better now too.

My boobs don't hurt at all, are no longer leaking fluid and still have some feeling! I can feel my bra & shirt moving as I walk or move around which is a relief.

2 week follow up appt

I had my 2 week follow up today with Summer and Dr. Hartley. All looks great and I'm feeling good too. Most of my incisions have closed and I was given the green light to start some light work-outs! I'm supposed to keep my heart rate around 120-130 or less so that means some walking at a decent pace, easy cycling and what not. I was also told to start my scar cream with gentle massage for 30 seconds per incision twice a day.

Before & 2 weeks after collage

Boulder Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Hartley has great bedside manner which helped both me and my husband before and after my procedure. He was very informative and arrived early for my surgery. I would recommend him to anyone.